Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

FORUMS > Depression
Replying to Topic: A small part of my journey
Created On 8/16/17 7:43 AM by mouse

Username:
Password:

Remember my login

[ Forget your login information? | Join the forums ]

mouse
Senior Supporter

8/16/17 7:43 AM
User is offline View users profile

It's strange. I was just thinking about a therapy session in the past where I was asked where I saw myself in 20 yrs. At the time I was about 25. I said, "dead by suicide." It is strange how life happens whether I want it or not (though deep down I guess I want I'm now in the 20 yrs later range of things and see that I have children and hubby and stable life for the most part. And oddly enough, I'm still around and not dead, despite some of my best efforts. Never did I dream life would take me here. For better or for worse, I'm still alive. Not sure what to make of it. Just wanted to share my experience and hear other people's experiences and thoughts.

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

8/22/17 9:13 AM

Hey Mouse! It definitely is strange, thinking back into the past all the way through to the present. I think it just shows us how strong and resilient we are, because at the time things may have been so painful and hard, and we felt like we couldn't make it anymore, but here we are, whether it's days, months or years later, still here. Even if things are painful right now, we have proven that we are strong survivors.

Bottom

Sara26
Junior Supporter

8/27/17 3:50 PM

i said id commit suicide if i was still depressed and in so much pain by 30. Four more years to go.....sorry just had a horrible weekend and cut which i havent done in a really long time.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

8/27/17 6:08 PM

Channa....so glad I hear a voice that understands what I'm trying to say. I hope things are going well for you. I'm only on some of the time here now since I am quite busy with my kids.
Sara...I'm so sorry you are in a bad spot right now. I too was at your age. I had nothing to live for. Try not to count the years, but the blessings. It makes our stay on this earth just a tad easier. Cutting is your way of saying you can't handle an emotion. Perhaps try sitting with that emotion or even trying to distract yourself through it. Often the emotion lasts only a short period of time if we don't cut --- not easy, I know.

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

Sara26
Junior Supporter

9/3/17 10:16 AM

thanks.

Bottom

FORUMS > Depression

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.