Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

FORUMS > Eating Disorder
Replying to Topic: pro ana
Created On 6/19/11 8:11 PM by depressed

Username:
Password:

Remember my login

[ Forget your login information? | Join the forums ]

depressed
Supporter

6/19/11 8:11 PM

Anyone use these websites? They're totally nuts yet I can't stop going on them. I'm doing what they say yet I know its horrible. How can I stop it?! I feel like I NEED to read it. HELP!

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

6/19/11 8:21 PM
User is offline View users profile

heres a hug!!((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))))))))). if i say anymore ill get u hooked on something thats WAY more pro ana then any of the things they write combined!!!
hang in there!!!

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

6/19/11 8:32 PM

depressed-
What kind of "pro-life" treatment are you receiving?

Bottom

hugs
Senior Supporter

6/19/11 8:41 PM

Uh oh- I've just (as of 5 min ago) started visiting these sites. I thought I was so stable, like I'm not starting another ed or anything but I like reading about mental illnesses and the psych ward and things like that. Does that mean I'm not as stable as I think I am?

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

6/19/11 8:43 PM

I have no idea if visiting these sites means someone is stable or unstable but I personally recommend (from experience) to stay away!!! there are other places you can read about the psych ward.

Bottom

hugs
Senior Supporter

6/19/11 8:49 PM

It's an obsession I have. I don't know why I NEED to read up on these things but I just do.
So strange!!

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

6/19/11 8:50 PM

Do you eally like reading about mental illness and psychiatric hospitals? Bc there are books out there like Girl, Interrupted and The Bell Jar which I think are considered classics and give a vivid picture of the psy. hosp.

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

6/19/11 8:53 PM

I also enjoy it. There are so many things that I can't relate to, that this really pulls me bc I relate all too well. Girl Interrupted was put out as a movie recently and I really connected to it...

Bottom

hugs
Senior Supporter

6/19/11 8:54 PM

Really? I'm going to check it out. What's Girl Interrupted about?
Thanks!! I can't wait to read them!!!

Bottom

depressed
Supporter

6/19/11 8:59 PM

wishicouldbenormal-I'm trying to get a hold of a good nutritionist but idk if i rly want to go because they're just going to make me fat. Idk anything anymore....I want to die die die die and thats it!

Bottom

hugs
Senior Supporter

6/19/11 9:00 PM

depressed, please don't die!! I care about u too much and it would be devastating if you would!!! Begging u!!!

Bottom

hugs
Senior Supporter

6/19/11 9:02 PM

on a side note- what's a good pro ana site to visit?

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

6/19/11 9:12 PM

Ha ha ha I'm not laughing at you at all I'm just laughing at the irony of me giving advice and support when only last night at 1;30 am I paged my psychiatrist to tell her that I want to kill myself...
So I DEFINITELY know how you feel. It's not worth the pain, I don't deserve to live, I can't let go of this control, whatever it is, I am trying to remind myself that THIS WILL PASS! and maybe I will struggle for a really long time but not every moment and every day will I feel as hopeless, dispairing and lost as I do now.
Just remember PLEASE that there are people out there who care about you - including us- who would be devastated if you would decide to take an irreversible step.
Pls keep in touch, depressed.

Bottom

downandout
Senior Supporter

6/19/11 9:15 PM

Depressed - I don't know what to tell you in response to your original post about visiting pro-ana websites. I know from personal experience that it's a really horrible addiction and that it can just keep things going in a really bad way. I just wanted to tell you that I admire you for KNOWING that it's not a good thing and for reaching out for support. That is definitely a good first step.

Do you have a therapist? If so, can you talk to him/her about it?

-------------------------
I want to love my life. My desire is what counts.

Bottom

hugs
Senior Supporter

6/19/11 9:27 PM

Got myself into a rut. Didn't realize how even though I am stable now I can still come so close to being not stable. I'm not sure I'm making sense but basically what I'm trying to say is that I'm being stupid now by visiting these sites. They should be off limits to me since I'm still so new to this stability thing. Why am I pushing myself towards the edge? I like being happy and doing well, why put myself in a situation that make me not be amazing anymore?

Bottom

hugs
Senior Supporter

6/19/11 9:33 PM

I know I'm bugging everyone but for some reason I feel like I need some typa support right now. The only person that I can text/email isn't answering me. I don't have a therapist anymore and want to leave it that way. I'm hoping I can just sleep this off.

Bottom

depressed
Supporter

6/19/11 9:59 PM

NO!!!! i'm not telling u bout these site cuz they'll KILL you! THEY ARE CRAZY!!!! Yet...I can't stop. I was ready to kill myself sooo many times just didnt want to wake up my therapist so said i'll wait till morning and then slept it off. Now Idk anything...I'm finished...hopeless case. I'm just counting down for school to be over so that I can't sleep and sleep and never leave my bed

Bottom

hugs
Senior Supporter

6/19/11 10:02 PM

Sleep sounds amazing! And please don't do a/t! Begging u!

Bottom

depressed
Supporter

6/19/11 10:13 PM

ya i'm trying to hand in there but its rly hard. i still have to go to skewl and act as if nothing happening...rrrr...

Bottom

hugs
Senior Supporter

6/19/11 10:16 PM

That's the worst part but don't worry!! U can do it! When does school end?

Bottom

FORUMS > Eating Disorder

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.