Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

FORUMS > OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
Replying to Topic: Hair CUT!!!!!
Created On 3/22/10 11:03 AM by channafofanna

Username:
Password:

Remember my login

[ Forget your login information? | Join the forums ]

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

3/22/10 11:03 AM
User is offline View users profile

So, its almost pesach so im going to get my hair cut (my mother insists cuz i havent gotten it in 6 yrs but i cant tell her about my trich cuz i dont want my sister to see anymore (my sis did it for the past few years)
so- i have Trichatillamania ad dermatilamania (hair pulling and skin peeling ) hair pulleng im not so worried but what am i going to say about my cuts on my head ? do i say nothing? what if she thinks im a nut? what if she thinks im from some 3rd world country and have aids? do i say anything or just let her do it? HELP!!!!!

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

3/25/10 3:49 PM

thanks for the help guys!!!!!

Bottom

su7kids
Senior Supporter

3/25/10 4:28 PM

Is she herself going to be doing the hair cutting, or will you go to a hair dresser? Maybe you can speak to the hair dresser about having a style that hides the situation?

-------------------------
Proud Mom of 7, MIL to 3, Grandmom of 4!

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

3/25/10 4:59 PM

no, i know how to hide it- im going to a hair dresser - am i supposed to say anything? what if she dosent want to do me?its so embaressing!!!!

Bottom

su7kids
Senior Supporter

3/25/10 5:05 PM

I can't think of any reason why the hair dresser would not want to do your hair. I think the only reason they've ever refused is if there are active lice. And it doesn't sound like this is the situation.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

3/25/10 5:19 PM

how will she know if its contagious? what if shes scared i have aids? and should i tell her i have them, or let her discover it? if i tell how much do i say?

Bottom

su7kids
Senior Supporter

3/25/10 5:41 PM

I think you're extrapolating way far. How can this indicate aids, many people have peeling skin and flaky scalp, often from dandruff or dermititis or any kind of skin condition. Nothing has to indicate anything serious. Wash your hair before you go, and tell her you have a skin condition (you don't have to give details) and let it go from there.

How old are you? Why do you think she'd report to your parents?

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

3/25/10 5:55 PM

of course im exaderading it and worrying to much- i never said i did have anxiety issues!!! and its not just peeled skin, its like cuts , as in with scabs and blood and alll that
i dont think shed report me to my parents- im sorry for being unclear!
thanks so much btw

Bottom

su7kids
Senior Supporter

3/25/10 6:50 PM

Channa, hang in there!!! Go get a pretty hair cut!!!

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

3/26/10 10:01 AM

thanks so much for your help- im sorry for being so obnoxious toyou, it want personal
so i went, and i was like have you ever heard of trichotila mania and she was like no, im sorry so i was like , ok so its an anxiety disorder where you pick at your skin (even though dermatilamania is the skin one- but NO ONE has heard of that) so i might have one or 2 scabs. so she spent like a minuete looking for them andwas like> where are they? so i showe her, and she was lke, will i hurt them i f i shampoo you? and i was like, oh no not at all so then that was it
and i love it finaly my hair looks good and she gave me a semi side part to hide the scab and my mother was like ohh, i love the part etc so it really worked out well
oh yeah, and she said that a lot of her clients ull ou their hair and asked if it was like the same thing, i was like yeah (i wasnt gonna tell her i pull too)
YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Bottom

su7kids
Senior Supporter

3/26/10 11:59 AM

Oh, I am so happy that it worked out. You are allowed to be obnoxious. I get the feeling it helps you sort your thoughts out. I kinda figure the more objections you can give me here, and if my responses are helpful, you'll be ready.

So I'm really happy and glad that it worked out and that you feel good about it and that she was able to help you feel pretty and look good!!!

Bottom

FORUMS > OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.