Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

FORUMS > ADHD
Replying to Topic: Dating
Created On 1/10/17 10:14 AM by YeshivishExMo

Username:
Password:

Remember my login

[ Forget your login information? | Join the forums ]

YeshivishExMo
Junior Supporter

1/10/17 10:14 AM
User is offline View users profile

Shalom uvracha,
I am a 21-year old-turning-22-soon yeshiva bochur. I have slight social skills deficits and I am clueless of how to navigate the parsha of shiduchim. My Modern Orthodox family (whose krum hanhogos I abandoned for the Yeshivish velt) has encouraged to put off dating until I turn 27. I am unsure of what to say on dates, and how to navigate it into marriage. I also cannot find anyone to date, as none of the girls I know are open to dating Yeshivish bochurim, ????? the ones who do not learn full-time.
I was also turned away numerous times from volunteering at mixed-organizations which have girls who fit my hashkafa, and that includes Camp HASC, Kids of Courage, and the various NCSY programs. I have tried applying to each of these multiple times all with delayed rejection letters.

I have no idea how to get in touch with shadchanim as I don't know any. For months, I have asked several chevre from different communities to keep an eye open for me, but with zero leads. The disorganized MO yeshiva I went to told me they do not have the capacity to make shiduchim with their sister girls' seminary (frummer and more in-line with my hashkafa), claiming they don't have the financial capacity to do so. (Yeah, right!).

Online dating is not my thing.

Now I am stuck and clueless of what I should do.
Please analyze this issues carefully before responding.

-------------------------
Ariel rosman

Bottom

shtarkebachur
Senior Supporter

7/31/17 9:38 PM
User is offline View users profile

Hi, sounds like you are stuck in a tough situation. Are you working with a therapist to figure things out? That's my first reaction because dating can be very complicated even without all the extra problems you describe.

As far as what to say on dates, the best advice I heard was to stay on positive topics only. After you know the person, you can share some more difficult topics, but in a hopeful tone.

If you feel too negative about your life to do this, then definitely work on increasing your self worth. Professional help is often needed for this.

Whatever I just said, is from my own personal experiences. Hope things work out.

-------------------------
Enjoying life while fighting anxiety!

Bottom

Spice
Junior Supporter

10/23/17 3:24 PM

Really difficult situation you're in. Kudos for posting here. Wondering if working on the social skills will help you increase confidence when you're networking for dating as well as on your dates. Also, do you have a Rabbi that you can confide in who can help you with leads and even network on your behalf?

Bottom

FORUMS > ADHD

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.