Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

FORUMS > Epilepsy / seizure disorder
Replying to Topic: depakote sprinkle antiseizure medication
Created On 2/20/07 9:16 AM by momof7

Username:
Password:

Remember my login

[ Forget your login information? | Join the forums ]

momof7
Supporter

2/20/07 9:16 AM

is anyone dealing with either taking or giving depakote to their kid and would know the side effects regarding long term use?

Bottom

CAP
Supporter

2/21/07 11:46 AM

u need to take Contior to protect liver from damage of the Depakote.

Ask your Dr.

Bottom

momof7
Supporter

2/21/07 5:58 PM

yeah, i know that. my daughter is on it, and i was wondering about side effects, to see if the ones she is having are what anybody else is.

Bottom

momof7
Supporter

3/8/07 8:59 AM

anyone? i would like to speak with anyone dealing with children with absence seizures, please. please pm me. thanks.

Bottom

momof7
Supporter

4/15/07 6:33 PM

since my last post, my daughter had experienced more seizure activity, and had another eeg, showing so. at this time we added another medication by the name of zonegran. tomorrow we are actually going to hook her up to an ambulatory eeg, for the first time, and we'll see how it works out. we are actually excited about it being ambulatory, so we dont have to worry about someone staying with her in the hospital, bec. we also need someone at home with our other kids, and with the new baby. anybody needing info may pm me. i will be glad to share.

Bottom

AJ
Junior Supporter

12/25/07 2:39 PM

how is your daughter Does she still have seizures What is she on now? I have 2 grandchildren with seizures. Looking for any new cutting edge research.Anyone have developmental delays that are probably aggravated from the medication?How do you balance that with seizure control

Bottom

momof7
Supporter

1/7/09 12:25 AM

Sorry. Haven't come on here in a long while. Since the post, we had a g-tube placed to be able to give her, her meds which she was refusing orally. But since we had to change to liquid depakene, we had to do some adjustments as to the times a day she gets it. No big deal. Otherwise, she is doing pretty good, thanks for asking. Although there are days, when it is reaaaallllly hard.

Bottom

miracle613
Supporter

12/27/11 1:41 PM
User is offline View users profile

yeah....i was recently put on depakote b/c i had a granmal seizure a couple of months ago & my doctor put me on depakote b/c it worked when i was a baby.im ok with it b/c i now no longer have seizures....but the downside is that i cant have kids due to the medication. one thing ive always wanted.

Bottom

chanieF
Senior Supporter

1/7/12 10:23 PM

please note that this is a folate [aka folic acid] blocking med and unless one supplements with appropriate amounts and forms of folate, new problems will arise from a folate deficiency

Bottom

FORUMS > Epilepsy / seizure disorder

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.