Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

FORUMS > Headaches
Replying to Topic: Complicated migraines
Created On 2/3/12 1:36 PM by mouse

Username:
Password:

Remember my login

[ Forget your login information? | Join the forums ]

mouse
Senior Supporter

2/3/12 1:36 PM
User is offline View users profile

Anyone out there with them? What meds work???? Told I can no longer take Maxalt. Also, how long does it take to regain stregnth lost in one of these attacks??? Such a strange thing to have happen.

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

ykb
Senior Supporter

2/4/12 7:35 PM

I have a long history of migraines but am not sure what is meant by complicated migraines. I take Relpax for my headaches and for a while I was on topamax daily to prevent the headaches that I was getting way too frequently. It can take me a few days to regain my strength after bad one. Sometimes i have the sensation of not having use of some facial muscles but on exam they are found to be normal.

Refuah Sheleimah

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

2/4/12 8:27 PM

Thank you for your input. It's basically one limb that is weakened due to the migraine, but even once migraine is gone (I think it is at least) I still have weakenss. I'm told it increases risk of stroke. Also told no more triptans which basically knocks out Maxalt that I used before for pain.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

ykb
Senior Supporter

2/4/12 9:45 PM

WOW! sounds scary. Were you given anything instead of Maxalt? Are you under the care of a neurologist for this?

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

2/5/12 12:40 AM

Under care of neurologist. Unfortunately, no more abortive meds can help the migraine. So we're on prevention and stuck with bad migraines till preventivitve stuff kicks in.

Bottom

ykb
Senior Supporter

2/5/12 10:41 PM

Have you looked into Botox? My neurologist gives it to patients and I have a friend whose father get them for his migraines. I do not know enough about it to know when it is called for but if you suffer from bad migraines and can't take meds for it this might be an option for you.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

2/6/12 4:04 AM

No, didn't look into it, but will. Sounded extreme but so are my headaches. Thanks for the info knowing other people really do get such injections.

Bottom

ykb
Senior Supporter

2/7/12 11:43 AM

Besure that who ever you go to for them is very well trained and experienced it works wonders in the proper dose but too much can cause other muscle problems.

Hatzlacha Rabbah!

Refuh Sheleimah!!

Bottom

FORUMS > Headaches

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.