Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

FORUMS > Bed Wetting
Replying to Topic: BED WETTING
Created On 3/18/05 3:52 PM by SUSAN

Username:
Password:

Remember my login

[ Forget your login information? | Join the forums ]

SUSAN
Supporter

3/18/05 3:52 PM

HI
mY 5 AND A HALF YEAR OLD DAUGHTER STARTED WETTING HER BED AT NIGHT A FEW WEEKS AGO
sHE TELLS ME THAT SHE DOESNT EVEN REALISE THET SHE WETS HER BED.
i WONDER WHERE IT COMES FROM WHAT HAPPENED TO HER THAT SHE IS WETTING HER BED LATELY. I TRY NOT TO MAKE A BIG DEAL OUT OF IT WE JUST TALK ABOUT IT AND I REMIND HER BEFORE SHE GOES TO SLEEP TO GO TO THE TOILET. i ALSO REMIND HER THAT IF SHE NEEDS TO MAKE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT SHE SHOULD WAKE ME UP AND I WILL TAKE HER TO THE BATHROOM. SHE WOKE ME UP ONCE AND I TOOK HER TO THE BATH ROOM AND STILL SHE WOKE UP IN THE MORNING WET.
I FEEL SO BAD FOR HER I KNOW IT IS NOT PLEASENT AND THAT IT IS NOT HER FUILT. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUJESSTIONS ON HOW TO HELP HER NOT BED WET. IT WOULD BE GREAT TO HEAR FROM YOU

-------------------------
smiling wont cost you a penny

Bottom

lookinforhelp
Senior Supporter

3/26/05 6:57 PM

Susan,

My 7 year-old brother seems to have an "overactive" bladder and therefore has a problem with bedwetting. He never has accidents during the day, only at night. He's on medication (he just switched to this expensive new drug) and my mother only lets him one cup of water during supper. Then he is not allowed to drink till the morning. It's hard for my mother not to let him drink when he says he is "soo thirsty", but the doctor says that it is important.

Maybe you should try talking to your doctor about it? Also, she's young so maybe Pullups are an option?

Hatzlacha rabba!!

Bottom

sheep
Junior Supporter

3/29/05 3:55 AM

bed-wetting is a problem in young children and sometimes may stay with them until they are in their early to mid teens. I read in an article that light excersize tends to help abit with this problem.why excersiz? Excersize somehow helps to build up the strength of the bladder by forcing you to use your abdominal muscles which in turn strengthens your bladder.
Excersize may include Jogging,playing ball,bicycling....karate may also be a very good form of strengthening the bladder.
All in all,a doctor shoould definetly be seen about this before any projects are undertaken.

MoshiachNow!

Bottom

sufferinginsilence
Junior Supporter

3/29/05 8:53 PM

hi, i am a seventeen year old frum girl who has enuresis... i have done every treatment from a - z for over eight years but here i am... i was wondering if i am the only frum girl in the world to suffer from this humiliating, debilitating illness or if there's other people like me who have to hide it from the whole world...

Edited: 3/29/05 at 8:55 PM by sufferinginsilence

Bottom

Ray
Supporter

4/7/05 5:22 PM

sufferinginsilence,

i sent u a private message.

Bottom

hellohi0123
Junior Supporter

4/17/05 2:12 PM

I feel for you. I also wet for many years.
Refuah Shlaima.

Bottom

sufferinginsilence
Junior Supporter

4/20/05 1:40 PM

I'm not sure who could answer this, but can anyone (maybe with married kids) tell me how common such medical problems/histories are when it comes to shidduchim? Am I going to have to marry someone with a medical problem too? It's not like this would affect my ability to raise children iy"h or run my home - but why a bochur with no "problems" would want to deal with something like this, I can't imagine. I would imagine it would be very difficult to be married to someone with a problem like this.
Has anyone ever dealt with s/t like this?

Thanks so much for the outlet, by the way. The type of issue is one that makes it extremely "secret" and the mental and emotional pressure builds up to staggering proportions sometimes.

Bottom

moshewald
Junior Supporter

5/5/05 11:09 AM

hi.

first sorry for writting in yiddish. this is my first language. i hope that yoh will undestend what i'm writting.

ok. i'm coppying here what i find in the forum "bechadrie charidem- mishpacha yidish" at hyde-park:
http://masoret.hydepark.co.il/hydepark/topic.asp?topic_id=1290420
(only yiddish writters could get in)

??? ??????? ??? ??? ???? ??? ????? ????'???, ??? ??? ??????? ??? ???? (????? ???? ??????). ??? ????? ????? ????? ?? ?????? ?????? ??? ??? ???? ????????, ?? ??????? ????? ?????? ????? ?????? ??? ??????? ???? ? ??????? ????? ?????, ?? ????????? ??? ???? -??? ? ?????? ?????? ?????? ????? ???????? ??? ???????? ??? - ???? ???? ?? ????? ???, ??? ??????????? ??????? ??? ??? ?????.!! ??? ????? ????????? ????? ?? ????? ?????!.

?? ?.?. ????? ???? ?? ????? ?? ????? ???, ???? ??? ??????????? ????? ??? ???? ??????, ??? ?? ??? ???? ?? ?? ???? ??? ???? ??? ????????.

??. ???? ???? ? ??? ???????? ???-???? ?????? ??? ??? ?????, ?????? ??? ??? ???? ?????? ?????? ????? ???? ???? ????????? ?? ???????? ???????? ??? ?? ????-???? ??????? ??? ?? ?????? ????, ???? ???? ?? ? ????? ???? ??? ? ???????? ?????
http://www.ynet.co.il/home/1,7340,L-2227-14294,00.html

???? ???? ??? ??? ???? ??????? ????? ????? ??? ????, ??? ?? ??????? ????? ???? ???? ???????.

(?? ??? ??? ?????).

?? ???????? ?????? ??? ??? ?????? ????????, ???? ???? ??? ? ??????? ?????????? ????????. ????????????? ??? ?????? ?? ?????. (?? ??? ??? ? ????? ????, ??? ??????????? ????? ??? ???????? ??? ???? ?? ??? ???? ?? ??). ????? ?? ?? ??!

(??? ??? ???? ???? ?????? ?? ?? ??? ??? ?????? ??????).

??? ????? ??? ??????? ? ???????????? ??? ? ????, ? ???????????? ?????? ??? ? ???? ?????????? ????????? ??? ?????? ??? ?? ??????? ?????, ??? ??? ??????? ????? ?????? ??? ??? ??? ?? ????. ?? ??? ???? ????????? ????? ???? ????????? ???? ???? ?? ???? ??? ???? ???? ???-?????, ??? ????? ?????? ????? ???-????? ??? ? ???????????? ??? ???? ???????? ???-????? ???? ????????? ??? ?? ????????? ??? ?? ?????? ??? ????? ???? ?????????.

????????????? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???-????? ??? ? ????????????, ?????? ???? ?? ?????????? ?????. ?? ? ???? ?????? ????? ??? ?? ???????? ??? ? ??????, ?????? ????? ???? ??? ???? ??????? ?? ?????? ??????????? ??? ? ?????'? ?????? ???? ???? ???? ???? ??? ???? ????? ????? ???? ????? ????????? ? ????, ????? ?? ?????? ???? ??? ????? ?? ???? ????, ??? ?? ?????? ???, ??? ???????? ?? ?? ?????.

? ???????????? ??? ????? ? ???? ????? ??? ????? ?????????????, ???? ????? ????? ??????? ??? ????????????? ??? ??????? ??? ??? ????? ???????????? ??? ???? ??? ?? ?????, ???? ???? ?????? ?????? ??? ???? ???? ???????? ??? ???????????? ??? ?? ?????????.

???? ? ??????? ????? ??? ????? ????? ???? "???????" ? ????? ???? ?? ???? ??? ????"?, ?????? ???? ???? ????? ??? ? ???? ????? ??? ???? ????? ??? ?? ??????? ????? ??? ?????? ??? ?? ???? ???? ??? ??? ???? ??? ? ?????, ??? ????? ???? ???? ???? ???? ?????? ?????? ???'? ?????????? ??? ?????? ?????? ???? ???? ???? ???? ?? ??????? ?? ???? ??? ????"?, ???? ??? ???? ???? ???? ????? ? ????? ????? ???? ????? ???? ????? ??? "???? ???? ????? ???? ? ????????? ???? (??? ??? ???? ???? ?"? ???????)", -????????? ??? ??? ??? ???? ?????? ???? ???? ??? ?????????? ??????? ???? ? ??????????? ?????? ??? ????????? ???????-, ?? ????? ???????? ??????? ????? ???? ???? ???? "???? ???? ???? ???? ????? ?????? ????? ?? ????? ???? ??? ????"? ???? ??? ????".

??????????, ????? ??? ???? ????????? ??? ????? ???? ????? ??????? ??? ??? "????????????" ??? ???? ???? ??? ????"? ???? ??? ????, ????? ???? ?? ???????, ??? ??? ??????????????? ??? ???????????? ???????? ??? ???? ?????? ??? ????? ???? ???? ???? ??????????????, ??? ??????? ??? ??? ???? ?????????? ???? ??????? ???? ???? ????? ???? ????? ????????? ??????, ??? ???? ???? "???????". ?? ??? ???? ???????.

??? ??????? ?????? ????????? ? "????????????" ????? ????? ????? ??????????? ???? ???? "????????????" ??? ???? ???? "????".

1) ????? ???? ???? ????????? ????? ???? ???? ???????? ???????, ????? ? ???? ????? ???? ???? ????????? ???? ???? ?????? ???????. ?? ?????????? ??? ????????, ??????? ????? ??? ? ??? ????? ??"? ????? ???? ??? "??? ???? ???????? ???? ?? ??? ??????? ????", ??????? ?????? ???? ???? ?? ????? ??????-???????, ????? ???? ???? ???????, ????? ???? ?????? ???? ?? ????? ???????, ?????? ?????? ???? ?? ?????, ??? ??????'? ???? ?????? ??? ???? ?? ?????. ????? ???????? ?????????? ??? ???? ?????? ????? ?? ????? ??????, ??? ???????? ??? ?????? ?????????? ????? ?? ????? ????? ??? ??? ??????? ?? ????? ??? ?????.

2) ???? ?????? ?? ?? ??????? ??????????, ??? ?? ? ???????????? ???? ??? ??? ????? ?????????? ????? ????????? ????? ??????????, ??? ??? ???? ??????????? ??? ??? ??? ????????? ???? ???, ?.?. ?????? ???????? ????????? ?????? ??? ?????????? ??? ???? ?? ???? ???????????? ?? ????????????. ??? ???????? ?? ? ???? ????? ??? ??????? ????? ??? ???? ????? ????? ????????????? ??? ????? ?? ???? ???? ???.

?????? ??????? ??? ??????? ??????? ???? ???-????? ???????, ???? ?????? ????? ??? ??????? ??? ??? ???????????? ?? ???? ??? ????"? ???? ??? ????.

?? ??? ????????????????? ??? ????? ??? ???? ???? ????? ????? ????, ????? ???? ???? ???? ???? ?? ????? ????? ??? ????? ???? ???-????? ???? -??? ???? ??????? ???? ???? ???? ???. ?? ???????? ??? ???? ????? ????? ??? ???????????? ??? ???? ????'? ?????????? ????????? ??? ?? ????? ???????? ??????????????? ?? ???????????? ??? ???-????? ???????. ????? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????? ???? ???-????? ???????, ??? ????????? ???????? ????? ??? ???? ??? ???, ?????? ????????? ??? ?????? ????????, ????? ???? ???? ??? ????????? ?????? ??? ????? ????????, ????? ??? ?? ???????? ??? ???? ????????????? ???? ????.

?????? ??? ????? ??? ??? ????? ????????....

? ???? ????? ???? ??? ???? ???????? ???? ???? "???????" -???? ??? ?? ????? ????????, ???????? ??? ????????????? ??? ??????????, "?????" ?? ?????????, ????????? ??? ??? ?? ???? ??? ?? ???? ???? ?????????????? ???? "????????????" ??? ???-????? ????????.

?? ????? ????? ????? ????? ??? ????? ???? ?????????? ??? ??? ????????? ???:

????????? ????? ???? ??????? ?????? ??? ???-?????, ????????? ???? "???? ????" ????? ???????.

??? ??????? '?????' ???? ????? ???? ??? ??? ????????!, ??/?? ??? ??? ???????? ??????? ???????!, ??? ??? ??? ???? ???? "???????" ??????? ? ??????? ?????????? ????, ???? ???? ???????????? ??? ???-???? ???????? ??? ????? ????? ????? ??????? ??? ???? ??????? ????????????? ??????? ???'? ??????? ???? ????.

?? ???????? ????? ??? ????????? ??? ??????? ?????? ??? ???? ???? ?????.

??? ????? ???? ??????? ???????? ??? ?? ????'? ?????:

??? ????? ???? ??? ???? ???-????? ?????????.

???-????? ??? ????? ??? ???? ???????, ???? ???? ??? ???? ????? ???? ??????, ??? ???? ???? ??? ???? ? ?????????? ??? ?????????? ????? ????????.

??? ????? ??? ??????????:

?? ???????? ????? ?? ??? ???-???? ??? ????? ???? ? ?????, ??? ? ???? ????? ????? ??? ?? ?????? ???? ???-?????? ??? ???? ????? ??? ?? ???????? ???? ???? 45% ??? ???? ????? ??? ?? ?????? ???? ??? ????? ??? ?? ?????. ???? ????? ??? ?? ?????? ????? ???-?????? ??? ?? ???????? ???? ???? 75% ??? ???? ????? ??? ?? ?????? ???? ??? ???? ??? ?? ?????.

???? ??? ??"?

???? ?????!!

Bottom

chai
Junior Supporter

5/23/05 5:47 AM

Hi to all those with bedwetting issues! i had this same horrible problem till my teen years. I went to doctors and was put on
medications all which didnt work! i was devastated i couldn't even go to camp! finally i went to this chiropractor knisiologist, Dr. Gregory from
New City and he found that other things in my body were out of wack and he worked on me found out i was allergic to wheat
sugar, and dairy.he also gave me vitamins and shortly after i stopped having accidents at night! Now i'm B'h married and don't
have the embarrassment of making at night. Dr. Robert Gregory is worth it to go to for this disorder.

yrosen

Bottom

hellohi0123
Junior Supporter

12/4/05 1:15 PM

Edited: 12/4/05 at 1:18 PM by hellohi0123

Bottom

CryingInTheDark
Junior Supporter

12/4/05 11:40 PM

hi sufferinginsilence,

i get exactly what you are saying.
i'm 16 in about a month and still cant belive that i have accidents.
These"accidents" arent as consistent as when i was younger, but they do happen
every once in a while. It could be really exciting know "they" dont happen for a while,
giving you a feeling of hope that this may be the last time, but its not!
i watch my class go on 3 shabbatons every year, and by each one they ask me why i dont come.
its embarassing for me to respond to those questions
so i come up with some lame excuse, like i ahve ppl over or i wasnt behaving.
its hurts a lot. but i guess i kind of leared to deal with it.
i wonder what will be with me when i start getting shiduchim.
i think one of the factors contributaing to this "problem" is not being alert at night.
compared to my sister and younger brother i think its harder to wake me up at night.
did i mention that im not the only one who ha this "problem"?
my sister, who is just a year older than i am, has wet the bed for many years like i have ,
but hasnt done it for a really long time. i also have a 13 yr old brother who still wets his bed
and very consistently. so, no, you're not alone and surely not the only one.:frown

Edited: 12/7/05 at 6:21 PM by CryingInTheDark

Bottom

Junior Supporter

1/7/06 11:11 PM

I wet my bed till I was about 16. It was embarasing, but I got over it.

Im religious and embarased to ask this question, but here it goes:

I took some medication to help enlarge my bladder for a few years, and even tried this nose spray. Is it possible that these medications impacted the growth of my reproductive organs (im a guy)?

Bottom

rnb_cal_01
Junior Supporter

3/30/06 9:16 AM

I used to wet the bed until my early teens. I think the connection was the s*xual abuse that i was enduring at the time. i don't mean to scare you, but please try to see if that angle makes sense. i wish my mother would have picked up on that sign.

I strengthened my ability to hold my bladder by doing kegels. Try to teach your daughter how to do that.

Bottom

SUSAN
Supporter

5/3/06 11:35 PM

Hi everyone
I originally wrote to you about my daughter who was bed wetting,
well some good news. after trying lots of ways to help her like waking
her up to go to the bath room at night and making sure she doesnt drink
before going to bed, now for the past few weeks she wakes up by her
self every night and comes to my bed and askes me to take her to the bath room , which
i do gladly, and Baruch Hashem she hasnt wet her bed in a while,
she really feels great about herself, and i feel so happy for her. I hope that she is over the bed wetting stage.

smiling wont cost you a penny

Bottom

integrity
Junior Supporter

6/12/06 11:17 PM

hi, i was wondering if you could fill me in on what some of the things you tried.
Someone i know, suffers from the same problem, and i am curious if there are
some things that she did not try. you might be helpful.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

10/21/07 9:29 AM
User is offline View users profile

I dunno if anyone gonna read this but maybe it will help someone some day. I bed wet till I was 17, just in time for seminary, b'h. No meds at time helped. My younger bro. had the benefilts of a drug inhaled. Forgot what callled but only helped a littl
He got married and still bedwet. My sis-in-law i think is a saint for dealing with it. He then had gastric bypass and suddenly symptoms went away. He told his gastric bypass doc about this and was told it is a common prob for overweight ppl.
and that sometimes gastric bypass helps for some reason.
maybe one day this info. will help someone.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

frumsw
Senior Supporter

12/23/07 12:02 AM

Could it be stress? When I sent my daughter to see her guidance counselor (she was a difficult child at home and school) she stopped wetting her bed. She was nine. Another child I know (also 9 or 10) wets when she drinks soda.

frumsw

Bottom

onetwo
Junior Supporter

5/27/08 2:44 PM

I also have bedwetting issues!

How do people deal with it emotionally?

Bottom

onetwo
Junior Supporter

11/26/08 3:09 PM

Is anyone able to answer?

Bottom

shloime8021
Junior Supporter

1/29/12 6:47 PM

Hello there everyone if anyone still here and has this problem please pleasee please let me know if you know any girls with this issue ... may hashem will give you all you need ... thank you again ...

need a shidduch

Bottom

FORUMS > Bed Wetting

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.