Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

FORUMS > MS (Multiple Sclerosis)
Replying to Topic: Possible M.S.
Created On 4/7/05 1:25 PM by shewishes

Username:
Password:

Remember my login

[ Forget your login information? | Join the forums ]

shewishes
Junior Supporter

4/7/05 1:25 PM

I know I might be totally off key- but I visited a doctor about a year ago, and was telling him about my short term memory loss, dehibilitaing headaches, and numbness on my back and legs, as well as not being able to tell immediatly whether something I touch is very hot or not. He told me it night be MS- as I have an aunt who has MS.

He also started harrassing me about loosing weight as I am somewhat overweight.
He scared me so much that I refused to go to a doctor. Shortly after the insurance I had ran out and I do not have insurance now.
Does anyone know if getting a diagnosis without insurance is a very bad idea?

Bottom

Ray
Supporter

4/7/05 4:03 PM

Dear Shewishes,

I know someone that has MS oyyyy, i'm so sorry.
I don't think it's a good idea to diagnos without insurance, find out from your DR. what will happen, if you will need treatment after and what the story is, it's always a problem with insurance and prior diagnois.

If you need to speak to someone that has MS maybe I can ask the woman i know. she is amazing, she inspires me!!
i have crohns and have a hard time dealing with it.
FEEL BETTER
Sincerely,
Ray

Bottom

Meira90
Junior Supporter

5/3/06 10:15 PM

Dear Shewishes,
Hi, I'm new here. Had a tough time getting DX too partly cuz I was OLD for an MSer. Probably had a benign case for years. anyway, Most insurance will cover preexisting conditions after a wait period. usually a year. Have a suggestion that may relieve the symptoms while you're trying to get your brain to demeylinate. no. no. just kidding. an MRI should never be the primary diagonostic tool. Find a good chiropractor. You'd be amazed what they can do and maybe, just maybe he/she can keep you more functional. I was without one for a couple of years and went back on Monday. what a difference and I've been in quite a bad episode especially with memory loss. don't discount the effect the stress of not knowing is having on that but don't be bulllied into thinking "it's all in your head." Get connected with good MS orgs. e.g. MSAA or NMSS. www.msaa.com and www.nmss.org they will tell you about the disease, what to look for in a doc and the latest developments re: treatment. no cure YET but you can feel well for a long time. try to eat better and get some nutritional support...see once a Jewish mother.... so what can I do? but it WILL help. weight is a problem if you cnat move around much.

Bottom

FORUMS > MS (Multiple Sclerosis)

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.