Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

FORUMS > General (Mental Health)
Replying to Topic: Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) Anyone else?
Created On 10/8/08 1:44 AM by mouse

Username:
Password:

Remember my login

[ Forget your login information? | Join the forums ]

mouse
Senior Supporter

10/8/08 1:44 AM
User is offline View users profile

I was wondering if anyone else here has DID (formerly known as MPD -- multiple personality disorder.) If so, how do you cope? I'm married and have kids and recently have found a lot of things my kids are going through very very triggering and bringing out parts of me I wish would just stay under wraps. My husband doesn't know the diagnosis...I think he thinks I just get goofy sometimes and have difficulty remembering stuff. Anyhow, was wondering......

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

It'sme
Junior Supporter

3/20/17 1:18 PM

Hi,

I see this thread is very old but I actually am in that position. I could have written your post exactly in fact I had to think maybe it's my post but since it's from 9 years ago it couldn't be me

Do you have a therapist that treats DID? I'm looking for recommendations. Of course I have no idea if we live the same state or country!!

I would love to hear from you if you are around?

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

5/7/17 4:35 AM

still here

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

TBear
Senior Supporter

5/7/17 9:28 PM

Hi Mouse - How r u doing?

Hi It'sme I am sporadically here as well.

Been integrating pieces and coming up to a fusion in a couple of weeks - it has been a long path.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

5/13/17 9:01 PM

Doing ok. Taking everything one day at a time at moment. Got a part time job. Hoping it is good.

Bottom

TBear
Senior Supporter

5/19/17 11:58 AM

Helps to have a job, at least for me it has.

I've been doing lots of work in therapy - lots of integration and this past week a fusion ritual.... Hoping it sticks. feeling so odd though - makes all that happened more real in a deeper level, and yet - I am still letting it all sink in. So quiet in my head, peaceful and sad. Exhausting - but good. Lots to grieve. The structure of having a job helps me keep going.

Sending good wishes your way. I check in from time to time.

Be Well,

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

6/13/17 4:58 PM

Went to an inservice about the job I have. It seems high stress. Hoping I survive.

Bottom

TBear
Senior Supporter

7/12/17 6:30 AM

How has the job been going? You have survived so much I believe in your ability.

I asked my therapist if I was still considered DID after the fusions.... he grinned and said I had DID in remission. Reality is I am still getting used to this, and stress in my life has been putting it to the test.

Take good care, sending good wishes.

Bottom

FORUMS > General (Mental Health)

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.