Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

FORUMS > General (Orthopedic)
Replying to Topic: coccyx pain
Created On 2/26/07 10:59 PM by momof7

Username:
Password:

Remember my login

[ Forget your login information? | Join the forums ]

momof7
Supporter

2/26/07 10:59 PM

anyone out there who also suffers from this, or suffered, and would like to share solutions to this agonizing problem??

Bottom

momof7
Supporter

3/11/07 11:55 PM

i will actually answer myself. i just found a doc. who deals specifically with this problem. thanks. i am going to see him this week, and will let u know how it works out.

Bottom

momof7
Supporter

3/20/07 8:17 AM

u/d went to doc. found coccyx last part dislocated and arthritic. will get injections next week to 1. block nerve for pain, 2. steroid for arthritic part. hope i will get 100% better soon, b4 losing my mind of pain.

Bottom

Donald Duck
Supporter

3/20/07 9:11 AM

Hopefully it will work. I know what you feel like.

Good Luck

-------------------------
D Duck

Bottom

momof7
Supporter

3/26/07 10:39 PM

u/d got shots today. still painful. dr. says may take till end of week to see improvements. will need surgery later. just buying time. will keep u informed.

Bottom

chanieF
Senior Supporter

3/28/07 6:34 PM

i don't know your specific symptoms/diagnosis, but you may want to at least speak to a local osteopath who specializes in craniosacral work to see if that is an option. a good starting point for finding one near you is the cranial academy website.
refuah sheleima!

Bottom

momof7
Supporter

4/6/07 5:09 PM

just an update. as of today, about 2 weeks later, i can say that the pain is at least 50% better. anybody thinking of this should go ahead and try it. it is well worth it.

Bottom

momof7
Supporter

7/22/07 5:21 PM

u/d as of today, the pain is gone 90-95%, b'h. really recommend it to anyone suffering from coccyx pain. there is help out there.

Bottom

momof7
Supporter

1/7/09 12:19 AM

Me again. I had the coccygectomy, meaning the removal of the tailbone, 6 weeks ago. Still in some pain at the surgery site, but not from the broken coccyx. That was terrible. Went thru another pregnancy, but couldn't take it any more. The recovery I am told could take 3-4 months. Gonna go for the second post-op appointment tomorrow, and find out how long it will really be, before I am totally pain free. I am just looking at the brighter picture, hoping that when all this is behind me, I won't have anymore pain in that area.

Bottom

FORUMS > General (Orthopedic)

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.