Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

FORUMS > General (Orthopedic)
Replying to Topic: Dennis brown bar vs. other treatments
Created On 3/21/05 10:13 AM by 87654

Username:
Password:

Remember my login

[ Forget your login information? | Join the forums ]

Junior Supporter

3/21/05 10:13 AM

Does anyone have experience treating toeing in of feet? We are trying to determine the best treatment.
Options right now are the Dennis brown bar or corrective shoes (outflair).

Bottom

ag
Junior Supporter

3/21/05 11:10 AM

Are you referring to metatarsis? My son had it as a baby and was treated with platic splints. The results were excellent.

Bottom

cse
Junior Supporter

3/21/05 8:13 PM

hi, i have experience with this since I had it as a child and so do my children.
with myself, my parents took me to orthopedist that said that I will outgrow it with time, I did basically outgrow it but still have to toeing in tendency when tired, in other words, it isnt totally gone.
with my children, I was determined to get rid of it. we tried outflair shoes as well as bebax shoes, they helped a little but not that much. When my oldest was 1 years old and started walking (or should I rather say literally tripping over her own two feet) someone mentioned to me about getting physical therapy since it is a tightness in the muscle. BH, I have had great results. The therapist massages the feel to relax the muscle and then does some streching exercises. At the age of three when she aged out of early intervention, she was basically walking fine, at this point, only if I will point it out to someone will they say, maybe.
I then started my second and third when they were only six months old so that they should start standing and walking properly and they are indeed much better than my first.

I feel that out of all the things I tried, the therapy has really helped the most.

P.S. A proper fitting shoe is VERY IMPORTANT as well as the fact that it should not be too bulky. (my children dont do so well with sneakers.)

Good Luck

Bottom

Junior Supporter

4/1/05 2:16 PM

Thank so much for the information you posted.

Bottom

FORUMS > General (Orthopedic)

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.