Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

FORUMS > Varicose Veins
Replying to Topic: varicose viens
Created On 1/16/05 7:00 PM by me

Username:
Password:

Remember my login

[ Forget your login information? | Join the forums ]

me
Junior Supporter

1/16/05 7:00 PM

Does anyone out there know anything about how to get rid of varicose viens in the leg
i got varicose viens after giving birth to 5 kids esspecialy in my left leg and it gets very painful esspecialy during the time of the month.
what r the sulutions out there for getting rid of them.
i would apprieciet gettiing some good advice.

Bottom

Thank Him
Junior Supporter

1/19/05 11:50 PM

I suffer on varicose viens for years already. I wear support stocking since then almost every day. There is one option I think but not always works you could make some kind of surgery. Try to elavate your leg when you sit.

-------------------------
Only Hashem Can Help

Bottom

leahh
Junior Supporter

2/3/05 6:50 PM

I recently started a series of treatments where they use ultrasound to determine which veins are causind the trouble and then "kill" them via injections of some substance which causes them to shrivel up and dissapear. I had 3 treatments already (out of an estimated total of six altogether). It is a bit painful and you have to be off your feet for a day after the injections - but it seems to be working - I have seen significant changes. I experienced a bit of an alllergic reacton to what they inject nto the veins, btu I understand that it is unusual. I hear that in Europe this treatment is much more common. I did it because of future pregnencies and irritation in my veins even between pregnancies. My husband is also happy about the change - as the veins were really unsightly. But more than this, I understand that varicose veins mean much worse trouble with circulation later on in life - and that the treatment is primarily mforr medical reasons and in addition, esthetic reasons.
I am curious if anyone else has tried such treatment and how it went.
Leah Hochbaum

Leah Hochbaum

Bottom

ag
Junior Supporter

2/5/05 3:56 PM

Do you know if this treatment can be done during pregnancy? I'm expecting my sixth and this is the first time I have varicose veins and it's not fun. It's not usually painful unless I'm on my feet too long but it's terribly itchy and too tender to scratch. I've inquired about stockings but everyone I ask tells me something different about them; one person said only all the way up is effective, the next one said up to the knee is better, and the third said the best is up to the thigh. My problematic veins are mostly around the ankle and foot and a bit below the knee. Anyone have suggestions?

Bottom

Nachum
Junior Supporter

2/12/05 6:58 PM
User is offline View users profile

For my wife's last seven or eight pregnancies (we just had our tenth) she takes vitamin E. Towards the end of the pregnancy as much as 2000 IU a day. She was prostrate and not able to move if we ever ran out. Something else very good is MSM cream. It is a little hard to find but a really well stocked health food store should have it.

Bottom

frumsw
Senior Supporter

1/27/06 1:07 AM

I found the one up to the knee cuts off circulation so the full pantyhose is better. I also took Collinsonia Root (Zahler's health food has it) even during the pregnancy and now I don't need any stocking at all

frumsw

Bottom

chanieF
Senior Supporter

1/29/06 1:39 AM

the full stockings-whether during a pg or the time of the month-can be very helpful. or any other way you can think of to put this kind of compressed pressure along the painful area so that it will help the blood get through the veins...
some put the stockings on before they even get out of bed. but if you find that it gets worse with sleep (such as during the time of month) then consider sleeping with them.
sitting idle for long is not good b/c blood can pool up in the veins. that's why they used to recommend laying with the feet up (to assist circulation), though now many recommend walking around.
i guess E helps b/c it is a blood thinner...though i'd check with a dr first if it's during a pregnancy....
and the injections aren't new. many drs consider it cosmetic so i guess that's why they're not so into it.

Bottom

HealthWise
Junior Supporter

2/22/06 9:25 AM

Take Horsechestnut capsules, rutin, bioflavinoids and Vitamin C. The horsechestnut should really make a difference in how you feel.

Bottom

chocolatemoose sarag
Junior Supporter

1/20/07 11:17 AM

where can i buy support hose in Crownheights?

Bottom

ezrah
Supporter

8/1/07 1:50 PM

try 13 th street

Please pm me if you have any questions.

Bottom

FORUMS > Varicose Veins

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.