Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

FORUMS > Ask the Dr. Novogroder
Replying to Topic: osteogenesis imperfecta
Created On 3/21/05 3:09 PM by BH613

Username:
Password:

Remember my login

[ Forget your login information? | Join the forums ]

BH613
Supporter

3/21/05 3:09 PM

I was hoping that you have some information about type I osteogenesis imperfecta and osteoperosis.
Thank you,
Miriam

Bottom

Dr. Novogroder
Doctor

3/24/05 5:50 PM

Miriam,

If it is just general information that you need about these two problems then you can goggle in the words and receive all the information that you need. Most of the information that you will receive about osteoporosis will be about the adult population. If a child has true osteoporosis then they will need referral to a pediatric Endocrinologist for further evaluation.

If there is a specific patient that needs care for the osteogenesis imperfecta then the best place locally is at the Childrens Hospital of NY ( Columbia Presbyterian Hospital) - Dr David Roye (Pedidatric Orthopedist) 212-305-5475. They are currently treating these patients with medicines that slows down the resorption of bone as well as taking care of their surgical orthopedic needs.

Hope that all goes well.

Bottom

BH613
Supporter

4/7/05 5:54 PM

It is for me, an adult. I was hoping that you could answer how much the oi causes the osteoperosis to decline. My osteoperosis has gotten sever and I am only 36. I am waiting for my appointment with the endocrinologist, but am interested in more thoughts. I have done much research on googe=le, but there is not lots of info.
Thank you,
Miriam

Bottom

FORUMS > Ask the Dr. Novogroder

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.