Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

FORUMS > Ask Dr. Lynn
Replying to Topic: Shabos help
Created On 8/4/12 10:23 PM by mentch

Username:
Password:

Remember my login

[ Forget your login information? | Join the forums ]

mentch
Supporter

8/4/12 10:23 PM
User is offline View users profile

Hi Dr.Lynn
I am a Baal teshuva
And was sick with Schizophrenia for about 10 years
Recently keeping Shabatt is more difficult for me especially after my condition worsened and I became a little psychotic for a day or so
I can't doven making kidush is difficult and my parents aren't religious
Going over to the Rabbi's house doesn't seem to work anymore because when I start learning my condition deteriorates after a while so basically I just read for alot of the time and will probably will have to start jogging Hopefuly that will help pass time Please respond with suggestions
Thanks
Ben

-------------------------
Ben Dain

Mentch

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

8/6/12 6:02 PM

Ben,
When psychotic symptoms come, is it the result in changes to your medication? Are you on medication? As a BT with not-yet religious parents, I think it is especially important to have a good support system, including a rov and friends.
a lynn

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

8/17/12 6:43 AM
User is offline View users profile

I know this isn't helpful, ben, but for the record, I truly admire you. You have gone to great levels to be religious despite ENORMOUS difficulties and possible deterrents. You don't use anything as an excuse and you never seem to get down. You always win and persevere. I think it's great to see the underdog winning the fight. It's inspirational. I aspire to be like you. I wish you lived near me (you don't) because I'd love to have you for shabbos if I could.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

8/23/12 11:03 AM

Munk- I am so moved by what you wrote!

Ben- Are you still on the site?
a lynn

Bottom

FORUMS > Ask Dr. Lynn

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.