Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

FORUMS > Ask Dr. Lynn
Replying to Topic: Does this make sense?
Created On 10/9/13 1:07 AM by toy123

Username:
Password:

Remember my login

[ Forget your login information? | Join the forums ]

toy123
Senior Supporter

10/9/13 1:07 AM

I'm in a dbt group already for about a year and half and this is not the first group I'm in. I've been to and least five other... I find that when I get into extremely bad situations where my borderline kicks in very strong I have a murderous time using my skills. It's like they don't work... I just go haywire... what can I do? Anyone who has taken dbt in the past or even if not have any ideas for me?

-------------------------
Sometimes you need to run away just to see who will follow you.

Sometimes when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight and say "I know you are not".

Just because I'm smiling doesn't mean I'm happy.

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

10/9/13 6:11 AM

Sometimes nothing works and all I can do is hold on to other people and wait until this black hole passes. And while I'm in it, you can't tell me too many things because I just don't hear. It's like I'm not really there; the darkness is so thick.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

10/9/13 11:25 PM

For me it's the same. Sometimes nothing at all works all I can do is wait for it to get less intense and only then can I work on it...

Toy, I hope it gets better soon!

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

10/13/13 9:48 AM
User is offline View users profile

in my opinion- DBT is a bunch of garbage. it never worked for me..... but B"H im not borderline so idk if that counts...

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

10/17/13 11:50 AM

Chana,
Sometimes borderline and PTSD can look very similar. Any chance it's PTSD?
a lynn

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

10/20/13 6:18 AM
User is offline View users profile

huh? you mean Toy?

Bottom

FORUMS > Ask Dr. Lynn

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.