Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

FORUMS > General (Pediatrics)
Replying to Topic: Can you recommend a good pediatrician in Brooklyn (Flatbush)?
Created On 1/2/07 4:55 PM by brooklynmom

Username:
Password:

Remember my login

[ Forget your login information? | Join the forums ]

brooklynmom
Junior Supporter

1/2/07 4:55 PM

Hello all,

Our family is horrified by a recent sudden passing of our absolutely amazing, gifted, most special pediatrician. We have been blessed to find him after some very frustrating experiences with a number of doctors, and he cared for my two girls (as well as our whole family) with amazing love, dedication and patience for the past four years.

So while mourning our loss, I am apprehensively searching for a new provider. I know I won't find anyone like our previous doctor, but our family needs someone who is a great diagnostician, really knows what is going on with the kids and presents parents with different options. Also, I do ask a lot of questions ( I like to be informed), so the doctor must have a good bedside manner and be patient. I prefer a doctor who does not push antibiotics and will be respectful of other forms of medicine (chiropractic, etc).

If you know of anyone in Brooklyn (preferrably in Midwood, but not a must), please respond with details.

I am really very nervous about starting this process again, as I trusted my kids' doctor so much. I can really use your help.

Thanks so much.

Bottom

downsyndrome
Supporter

1/3/07 10:59 PM
User is offline View users profile

Hi Brooklynmom:
I am sorry that I cannot recommend anybody in the Midwood area, but I can certainly sympathize with you. My family also lost our very devoted, excellent pediatrician when she relocated to Hawaii approximately 2.5 years ago. This came about after she 'serviced' my family/children for over a decade with patience, excellence, love, and always an ulterior concern for me, the mother of these kinderlach.
Who was this pediatrician in Brooklyn who died? I wonder whether I knew of this doctor.
Hatzlacha.

Bottom

downsyndrome
Supporter

1/3/07 11:01 PM
User is offline View users profile

Just remembered - Dr. Chana Gelbfish is supposed to be excellent. Have you heard of her? She is in Flatbush. There is also a Dr. Deechek (spelling?) who is supposed to be great too!

Bottom

brooklynmom
Junior Supporter

1/4/07 12:00 PM

Hello Down,

Thanks for taking the time to write. The name of our pediatrician was Dr. Steven Fries. Here is a link that can give you just a glimpse of the giant of the man this doctor was (scroll down to see all the comments): http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/?p=4378.

I have gotten a couple of referrals and will check out these two doctors in the next few weeks: Dr. Kevin Norowitz and Dr. Jeffrey Teitelbaum. I used Dr. Ditcheck before and wasn't happy. I have heard of Dr. Gelbfish and will try her if I do not like either of the doctors above.

Thanks again.

Bottom

frumsw
Senior Supporter

1/16/07 10:17 PM

very hard to find any dr. who doesn't overprescribe antibiotics, vaccines, etc. and respects alternative medicine. med school is funded by pharmaceutical companies so it's hard to get out of that mindset not to mention the fear of being sued. good luck to you.

-------------------------
frumsw

Bottom

hashemknows
Junior Supporter

3/27/07 7:56 PM

i know of a pediatrician-Dr. abberbock. he is very into helathy options, and does NOT push for medicine- his number is 1-718-645-7337. he is located at east second and ave. M

orahc

Bottom

Donald Duck
Supporter

3/27/07 10:59 PM

Originally posted by: hashemknows
i know of a pediatrician-Dr. abberbock. he is very into helathy options, and does NOT push for medicine- his number is 1-718-645-7337. he is located at east second and ave. M

I heard of many people who are happy with this practice

D Duck

Bottom

frumsw
Senior Supporter

3/31/07 11:24 PM

I used him many years ago and was very unhappy but maybe for you it'll be a good match.

frumsw

Bottom

FORUMS > General (Pediatrics)

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.