Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

FORUMS > General (Pediatrics)
Replying to Topic: Nocturnal Misbehavior
Created On 12/6/05 7:58 PM by downsyndrome

Username:
Password:

Remember my login

[ Forget your login information? | Join the forums ]

downsyndrome
Supporter

12/6/05 7:58 PM
User is offline View users profile

Can anybody explain why a seemingly healthy 10-month-old baby (I keep taking him to the pediatrician and all I get as a diagnosis is either 'viral' or 'teething') gets up a hundred times a night, is irritable and cries, sometimes wanting to drink formula botties all night, at other times fighting the botties, but crying and crying... We are walking around like zombies...

Bottom

hb
Supporter

12/6/05 10:52 PM

I would take the child to a GI and evaluate for reflux. Don't let them just give you a prescription for zantac, because that's like giving water.
Does he cry during the day too, or only at night?

Bottom

downsyndrome
Supporter

12/7/05 9:39 AM

He is pretty unhappy during the day too and you can see that he so badly wants to be happy. He has an adorable engaging personality, he loves nothing better than to giggle at our silly antics and he is a real cutie, albeit a very unhappy one.

Bottom

downsyndrome
Supporter

12/7/05 9:41 AM

On the other hand, hb, can it be teething? He is 10.5 mths. old, not a tooth in sight, yet his gums are really not all that swollen, so I'm really confused.

Bottom

ImaD
Supporter

12/13/05 7:50 AM

Sorry your cutie is so unhappy. We usually check teething, ears, and (maybe in Israel this is more common so no offense intended) worms whenever there is night time unhappiness before we assume anything really wrong. The day time kvetching could be because he isn't sleeping well. Next thing to think about is allergies,or rather sensitivities which may not showup on a scratch test but are making him feel uncomfortable anyway, and finally, Sensory Integration issues, all of which can make a nice cute kid feel lousy and uncomfortable with himself.
b'hatzlacha and refuah sheleima

Bottom

chanieF
Senior Supporter

12/14/05 12:23 AM

would totally second what HB wrote...definitley rule out reflux.

Bottom

FORUMS > General (Pediatrics)

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.