Questions or Comments!

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.



FORUMS > Ask Dr. Hoffman
Replying to Topic: anti-bodies
Created On 1/31/07 12:54 PM by heyall19


Remember my login

[ Forget your login information? | Join the forums ]

Junior Supporter

Posts: 1
Joined: Jan 2007

1/31/07 12:54 PM
User is offline

I was wondering what kind of specialist do I need to see regarding the issue that I have with anti-bodies. When I was pregnant with my first child, somehow the fetus blood got mixed in with mine, and anti-bodies started to attack his red blood cells. We found this out after he was born and his bilirubin count was too high. I have since had a blood test and was told that my anti-bodies count was still too high. My doctors have told me that they have never seen a case like mine before (Im not sure what is so special about my case ) My next anti-body test is next week. My question is who do I need to see about what is the next step (my doctors have told me different things that can happen to a baby if this happens again, and I have heard through friends that they know people who this has happened to and were told they can never have more children etc...) So understandbly, I am a little nervous, especially because I dont really know what is going on inside of me and what the consequences are.
Thank you so much for your time

Senior Supporter

Posts: 485
Joined: Nov 2006

1/31/07 2:08 PM
User is offline View users profile

I'm not sure if its the same situation as my cousin had! She's well, though. Every case is different, and you should definitely speak to your ob/gyn about seeing a specialist to see if they can help you.

My cousin's situation was quite dicey and she decided not to have more children, but adopted two beautiful kids. She could have had birth children, but the risks were very high and she chose not to go with them after one really not pleasant experience. But again, I'm saying that I don't know if its the same situation. Please pursue it before you get pregnant again.

Proud Mom of 7, MIL to 3, Grandmom of 4!

FORUMS > Ask Dr. Hoffman


The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.