Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

FORUMS > Child Behavioral Issues
Replying to Topic: anxiety disorder in 3 year old
Created On 8/2/07 1:09 PM by tzfatlady

Username:
Password:

Remember my login

[ Forget your login information? | Join the forums ]

tzfatlady
Junior Supporter

8/2/07 1:09 PM
User is offline View users profile

I baby-sat for my frien's children. The 3 year old suffers from "anxiety" issues. We don't know what else to call it or where to turn for help. hH is afraid of any new situation or person. But at home he seems ok until someone outside the immediate family visits.
His develoomemt milestones were delayed but now he is basically caught up. Also he is a finicky eater although partly due to a fear of allergies as it runs in the family and he has/had GERD and is given Losec.
I would appreciate any comments or advice from anyone - or to contact me directly. mikini1@bezeqint.net

-------------------------
Tzfat
medical adventures.
be thankful even for the pain for it means we are alive.

Bottom

frumsw
Senior Supporter

8/9/07 12:49 PM

A few thoughts. It could be emotionally he hasn't caught up so he's more fearful than your average 3 yr old or it could be his nature. Unless there was a specific event that caused this (a trauma, major separation from a parent, hospitalization...) he just needs support until he outgrows it. Shaming him or forcing him will only make him more fearful. He needs to hear he's ok that he feels this way, he can choose to hide out in his room until the visitor leaves (for example) but there should be encouragement-maybe you want to come out and have the treat the visitor bought you. Hatzlacha.
t

-------------------------
frumsw

Bottom

FORUMS > Child Behavioral Issues

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.