Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

FORUMS > Child Behavioral Issues
Replying to Topic: To IMABP
Created On 1/8/06 10:34 AM by bubbles

Username:
Password:

Remember my login

[ Forget your login information? | Join the forums ]

bubbles
Supporter

1/8/06 10:34 AM

"original message"

I'm concerned about her emotions, and reactions to me and her father when we just touch each other. If he holds my hand or helps me put
my coat on. I once tried to cut his hair and she almost went hysterical. I couldn't understand her behavior. My husband said she probably experienced
something terrible in her past life. I'm deeply concerned!!
She cries when I put her clothes on in the morning, I say look at the birdy or sing a sone, trying to get her attention off of the dressing her.
At nighttime it's the same cry. I go through this day in and day out. She cries alot. She's clingy, however she is now enjoying her class and actually
today she didn't cry when she saw me pick her up she wanted to continue to play.
She cried however when we back at home. She cries when I change her diaper, she sucks her thumb almost constantly, but this thing about not
being able to touch my husband is so strange. Jealousy? at such a young age? A counselor mentioned she's over protective of us, at such a young age?
Isn't that a huge responsibility? She has such a deep sensitivity it's almost scary. She doesn't want doctors touching me, looking in my ear.
It's almost like she distrusts doctors. We went together since I couldn't speak the language otherwise I would've left her home. I will in the future
have someone watch her.
My husband gives her alot of attention. She craves it constantly. I can't cook, or do my art, and I'm concerned. How long do you let a child cry? Is there something
else that might be bothering her. I have to rock her at night. During the night she cries out as if she has nightmares, "Ima, Ima!!!!" I rarely get rest,
I lay awake wondering when she will cry again.
She was very colicky for 4 months, but that ended. I had to rock her constantly.
I'm very concerned. Can you help me?
Ima

have a 18 month old girl who is as adorable as she can be and very smart. She speaks, is learning two languages english at home and Hebrew in her
little day class.
I myself am a Bipolar Mom, 41 and stable. I give her alot of attention, care and want the best for her.

I'm concerned about her emotions, and reactions to me and her father when we just touch each other. If he holds my hand or helps me put
my coat on. I once tried to cut his hair and she almost went hysterical. I couldn't understand her behavior. My husband said she probably experienced
something terrible in her past life. I'm deeply concerned!!
She cries when I put her clothes on in the morning, I say look at the birdy or sing a sone, trying to get her attention off of the dressing her.
At nighttime it's the same cry. I go through this day in and day out. She cries alot. She's clingy, however she is now enjoying her class and actually
today she didn't cry when she saw me pick her up she wanted to continue to play.
She cried however when we back at home. She cries when I change her diaper, she sucks her thumb almost constantly, but this thing about not
being able to touch my husband is so strange. Jealousy? at such a young age? A counselor mentioned she's over protective of us, at such a young age?
Isn't that a huge responsibility? She has such a deep sensitivity it's almost scary. She doesn't want doctors touching me, looking in my ear.
It's almost like she distrusts doctors. We went together since I couldn't speak the language otherwise I would've left her home. I will in the future
have someone watch her.
My husband gives her alot of attention. She craves it constantly. I can't cook, or do my art, and I'm concerned. How long do you let a child cry? Is there something
else that might be bothering her. I have to rock her at night. During the night she cries out as if she has nightmares, "Ima, Ima!!!!" I rarely get rest,
I lay awake wondering when she will cry again.
She was very colicky for 4 months, but that ended. I had to rock her constantly.
I'm very concerned. Can you help me?
Ima

Hi,
sorry I didnt see your post until last night.

I started a new post, b/c it gets confusing when everyone is talking to different people about seperate issues on the same post.

I have a few points to make.
First of all, good for you for noticing all the seperate issues that your 18mth seems to be going through.

I would definately be concerned about the symptoms you are describing. There are too many to ignore.
Have you spoken to your pediatrician?
It is a good place to start.
Also I was wondering if these behaviors were new ones, and when did they begin?

The nightmares really concern me. Why should an 18mth old be experiencing nightmares? I have never experienced that with any of my own children. Which is not to say which one is right. I just wonder if a sweet 18mth old baby needs to be suffering like this?
I doubt that colick has anything to do with it.

I suffer from nightmares almost nightly, and even when I take a catnap during the day. Let me tell you, its not pleasant. In fact its downright horrible.

So get some help for your baby. You are doing the right thing by not ignoring all of this.
Anyway this is just my opinion, and not a professional one.
I really dont see why you or your baby needs to suffer, when u can find out what the problem is, and then find a solution.

let us know how its going.
take care
bubbles

Bottom

ImaBP
Supporter

1/11/06 4:34 AM

Thank you Bubbles!
I will look into it.
I've talked to one counselor and she didn't think much of what I shared. It's difficult finding the help in Israel and when you don't know the
language.
I will do what I can to find someone suitable to look into it.
Thank you for your reply and concern and I will keep you updated.
ImaBP

Bottom

ImaBP
Supporter

4/24/06 9:46 AM

Hi Bubbles,
It's been awhile. My daughter is doing much better. With love and attention she has gotten through whatever bothered her. She's very
attached to me, and I have to say we are like two peas in a pod.
She has some dreams at night at times, but the counselor said that's pretty normal. She tends to be sensitive and the run ins she may
have in her little class probably stick with her and express themselves at night. I have comforted in the night and she is more relaxed and
happy.
Thanks for your concern.
Ima

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

5/1/06 11:52 AM

there is nothing at all like a mother's love.

atara

-------------------------
what the hecka is a signiature?

Bottom

FORUMS > Child Behavioral Issues

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.