Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

FORUMS > Self Injury
Replying to Topic: ...
Created On 12/3/11 5:51 PM by tryin2behopeful

Username:
Password:

Remember my login

[ Forget your login information? | Join the forums ]

tryin2behopeful
Supporter

12/3/11 5:51 PM

Edited: 7/7/13 at 11:08 PM by tryin2behopeful

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

12/10/11 11:42 PM
User is offline View users profile

keep using cocao buttter (like glob it onn five times a day) for a month , thats what i did and it helped TONZ!!!

Bottom

tryin2behopeful
Supporter

12/11/11 12:21 AM

Edited: 7/7/13 at 11:08 PM by tryin2behopeful

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

12/17/11 10:23 PM

either one works. I personaly use butter...
np!!

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

12/17/11 10:25 PM

either one works. I personaly use butter... you can get it at a cvs or rite aid... or someanywhere really where else
np!!

Bottom

tryin2behopeful
Supporter

12/17/11 10:25 PM

thanks!

Bottom

toy123
Senior Supporter

1/19/12 8:38 PM

That's so funny tryintobehelpful that your asking about how to get rid of scars. I have scars all over my hand and I'm terrified to get rid of them. Whenever they fade I get an urge to cut again... It's like my story it tells how much I've been through and it shows my struggles and my weaknesses but also my strengths.... Dunno if I'm making any sense.... But that's how I feel. I kinda like my scars although it gets in the way of a lot of things....

-------------------------
Sometimes you need to run away just to see who will follow you.

Sometimes when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight and say "I know you are not".

Just because I'm smiling doesn't mean I'm happy.

Bottom

tryin2behopeful
Supporter

1/19/12 10:12 PM

That's an interesting take on it and a new way to look at things All my scars are in covered places, but I still want to get rid of them... although they do tell the story of alll the pain I went through and how far I've come. I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

Bottom

reach4thestars
Senior Supporter

2/4/12 6:22 PM

hi, what do you mean by butter? where is it in rite aid? (i'm too embarrassed to ask...) is it like butter butter? and what is mederma? thanks...

Bottom

tryin2behopeful
Supporter

2/4/12 6:44 PM

Mederma is a scar removing cream, and cocoa butter can be found in most pharmacies or stores that sell cosmetics. You don't need to be embarrassed to ask for it...people also use cocoa butter as a moisturizer or to remove stretch marks after they have a baby...

Good luck!

Bottom

reach4thestars
Senior Supporter

2/5/12 2:20 AM

thanks!

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

4/22/12 9:57 PM

i hope this isn't insensitive to anyone here,
i was just wondering if reopening scabs(i.e. from mosquito bites) again and again would
be considered self-injury?

there is light at the end of the tunnel

Bottom

toy123
Senior Supporter

4/23/12 10:13 AM

I believe it is. In seminary I used to itch myself till I got scars and then never let them heal, and then about three years later the "real" cutting started. So I do believe that reopening/not letting scars heal is a form of self injury....

Sometimes you need to run away just to see who will follow you.

Sometimes when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight and say "I know you are not".

Just because I'm smiling doesn't mean I'm happy.

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

4/24/12 10:45 AM

toy123, I can totally relate to you about wanting to keep the scars. My only issue is that I'm terrified of being discovered.

does anyone here struggle with not even having what it takes to care enough to stop doing this? sometimes I just wonder, why bother?

Bottom

FORUMS > Self Injury

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.