Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

FORUMS > Shiduchim, Dating, Marriage, & Family
Replying to Topic: shidduchim and mental health
Created On 11/24/15 5:15 PM by moshe

Username:
Password:

Remember my login

[ Forget your login information? | Join the forums ]

moshe
Supporter

11/24/15 5:15 PM

I was advised to date women who have some issues so that I be realistic that someone would be able to accept my mental issues. I was advised by a Rav to do so. Till now I have dated normal women without apparent issues for over 10 years and never got to a point where I have to disclose my mental status.
While I realize that this Rav is right I don't know where to look for women with problems. If I disclose my mental condition to a shadchan then I will be guaranteed to be set up with women who have similar issues and that is simply unbearable to have such married life. Or NOT OFFERED ANY DATES ALLTTHOGETHER.
I have many baggage issues such as a dysfunctional biological family, and others. it was always important for me to have confidentiality. I even though of inventing some issue so as to avoid disclosing mental issues as that has the most stigma. So I don't know how to proceed. Any advice from members here?

Bottom

nicemotcha
Junior Supporter

4/25/16 10:42 PM

I found your post because I have similar issues. I am sorry no one answered your post.

-------------------------
niceguy

Bottom

FORUMS > Shiduchim, Dating, Marriage, & Family

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.