Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

FORUMS > Personality Disorders
Replying to Topic: Advice
Created On 10/14/13 6:54 PM by Cutiestarr

Username:
Password:

Remember my login

[ Forget your login information? | Join the forums ]

Cutiestarr
Senior Supporter

10/14/13 6:54 PM

I was at a family friend's house whose standards of kashrus are not my own. While there, my mother called my psychiatrist because I would not eat my dinner. What mother calls their 21 year old daughter's psychiatrist for not eating her dinner?
Just venting about my experience...maybe someone has advice.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

10/14/13 7:07 PM

Originally posted by: Cutiestarr
I had my second child recently which causes stress as well

Thanks

If you're 21 years old now how old were you when you had your two babies?

Bottom

Cutiestarr
Senior Supporter

10/14/13 7:47 PM

I was 19 and 21 when I had my sons.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

10/14/13 8:26 PM

I think I asked a rude question. I'm so sorry.

Bottom

Cutiestarr
Senior Supporter

10/14/13 10:20 PM

It's ok Momo it wasn't rude! It's no problem I enjoy talking about my kids.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

10/14/13 11:41 PM

Are you married?

Bottom

Cutiestarr
Senior Supporter

10/15/13 8:39 AM

I am, Momo. But maybe if we focus on details later and talk about my struggles now instead, I think things would be much more comfortable.

Edited: 10/15/13 at 8:39 AM by Cutiestarr

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

10/15/13 11:11 AM

You are right.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

10/16/13 7:29 AM
User is offline View users profile

I think you have to set boundaries with your mom (just in case you didn't realize it.) Forbid psychiatrist to talk with her. He cannot by law do so without your consent. Next, I'd have a sit down with dear ole mom and tell her you are now an adult and can chooose your own behaviors and deal with the consequences (positive or negative.) Even if it means not eating a meal. Remind her you are married with family of your own and not willing to be her baby forever. Remind her your love her. And tell her that you told psychiatrist not to talk with her.

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

Cutiestarr
Senior Supporter

10/16/13 8:18 AM

I think she is allowed to call my psychiatrist, but my psychiatrist is not allowed to give her information, legally.

She says, "This is the United States, I can do whatever I want." She seems to enjoy when I feel uncomfortable. She knocks on my door when it is locked and demands to get in.

I try speaking about it with my doctor but she does not like that I am speaking badly about my mother. I say I am just trying to improve my relationship. No therapist wants to speak with me about it they say because of kibbud av v'em.

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

10/16/13 10:44 AM

Never heard of such a thing! You are allowed to talk about anything. Something's off, Cutiestarr.

Bottom

Cutiestarr
Senior Supporter

10/16/13 10:59 AM

That's what I would think right? But no doctor wants to speak with me about my mother.

I once asked an inpatient psychiatrist what he thought of my mother. He said, " It would be unethical to tell you that." Huh? Maybe some talmid chochom can tell me why no psychiatrist wants to speak about my mother. Maybe it is because she helps financially?

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

10/16/13 4:08 PM

huh??????? something is wrong. Your mom is one of them.. She has crossed the boundary.

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

10/20/13 6:11 AM

yeah.. .somethings def off.... \((((((((((HUGS))))))))

Bottom

alharro
Supporter

10/21/13 1:47 PM

maybe your mother is a worrier - happens sometimes. wanting to double check that everything is ok all the time. see it happening by myself all the time ! but it doesn't give the psychiatrist an ok to talk private issues without permission.

Bottom

Cutiestarr
Senior Supporter

10/21/13 2:54 PM

That may be true, but there are healthy ways of expressing your concern. One way is to ask the other person how they are doing. Another way is to call the person's psychiatrist's emergency number - violating the psychiatrist's personal boundaries as well for something that is not a medical emergency and likely not related to mental health either.

Edited: 10/21/13 at 2:55 PM by Cutiestarr

Bottom

alharro
Supporter

10/21/13 3:24 PM

i didn't want to say that she is doing the rite thing - just wanted to maybe give a perspective.

btw i think you have the right to tell the psychiatrist that she has no rite to give personal information.

Bottom

FORUMS > Personality Disorders

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.