Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

FORUMS > Hair Loss
Replying to Topic: alopecia in teenage boy
Created On 9/1/06 3:26 PM by harryploni

Username:
Password:

Remember my login

[ Forget your login information? | Join the forums ]

harryploni
Junior Supporter

9/1/06 3:26 PM

My teenage son has been diagnosed with alopecia - there are several patches on his head in which he has lost his hair. The dermatologist has prescribed steriod creams to apply to the patches but I was curious if anyone else on this forum has dealt with this issue. (For clarity's sake, my son is B"H completely healthy - alopecia is an entirely cosmetic issue - but for a teenage boy, it is a big deal.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Bottom

emptysmile
Supporter

9/1/06 3:31 PM

I have heard of this..
I am soo sorry about it. I sypmathize with your son on the hair loss..
Refuah Shelama!!
MT

-------------------------
"life is like a box of chocolates always too many nuts and never enough caramels."

Bottom

Gevaldikguy
Junior Supporter

12/28/06 4:15 PM

My son lost his hair in elementary school. He is now in high school. We were told to build up his confidence. He is now a smiling happy boy with absolutely no hair.

Bottom

mommy32
Junior Supporter

9/17/09 9:26 PM

My son has recently been diagnosed with alopecia and is beginning to lose his hair. We are truly devastated and don't know how to navigate our way through this so that our son will continue to be happy and confident. Please share any information that has helped you in the past.

Bottom

mommy32
Junior Supporter

9/17/09 9:43 PM

We are experiencing the same thing as you right now. Our doctor has reccommended kenalog treatments. Have you tried that?

Bottom

chanieF
Senior Supporter

9/29/09 9:54 PM

not much additional advice. just wanted to add that one should also consult with a pediatric endocrinologist to rule out a hormonal reason for this. much hatzlacha.

Bottom

happyjew
Junior Supporter

5/1/11 8:53 PM

Bottom

happyjew
Junior Supporter

5/1/11 8:54 PM

Did you ever try steroid injections

Bottom

FORUMS > Hair Loss

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.