Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

FORUMS > Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis
Replying to Topic: Did anyone go to the recent CCFA conference in Manhattan?
Created On 11/21/08 1:27 AM by PB613

Username:
Password:

Remember my login

[ Forget your login information? | Join the forums ]

PB613
Supporter

11/21/08 1:27 AM

I got a mailing from the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America - about a symposium on CD/UC breakthroughs/advances. It was called, "In The Pipeline.....New Advances."
It was held in a hotel in the city. I was planning on going, but overslept....and then chickened out, scared I would meet other frum people there.

Which shouldnt have bothered me bec. I went to one in Williamsburg last year, with seperate seating, geared towards the frum community. It was fine. I sat next to a woman who was 'there for someone else' the funny thing is that I met her in Macys in the city a few months later and when it hit me, I couldnt even say where we met cuz her daughter was there...so i said, "oh, it was at a conference in Williamsburg...."

So anyone been there?

Edited: 11/21/08 at 1:28 AM by PB613

Bottom

JCCSG
Supporter

3/29/11 3:00 PM
User is offline View users profile

another conference will be in williamsburg in the near future. i hope it will stop the noon-sense of "i wasn't there... just for someone else..."

-------------------------
Jewish Crohn's & Colitis Support Group
718-63-JCCSG (718-635-2274)
Info@JCCSG.org
www.JCCSG.org
Twitter: @JCCSG

Bottom

cd
Supporter

3/29/11 5:00 PM

can you tell us more about it? what's the reason to meet in person instead of here?

Bottom

JCCSG
Supporter

3/30/11 3:39 PM
User is offline View users profile

A lot of people don't have internet to be here. as a matter of fact I’m already searching for the past 3 years a Jewish support group and didn’t find anything until yesterday somebody (on another Chat place) told me about this site.

Regarding details on the Williamsburg event: We’re still working hard to see what it's gonna be. I’ll keep you posted here.

-------------------------
Jewish Crohn's & Colitis Support Group
718-63-JCCSG (718-635-2274)
Info@JCCSG.org
www.JCCSG.org
Twitter: @JCCSG

Bottom

tomidbsimcha
Supporter

4/3/11 8:18 AM

Keep up thegood work. When i was going through my fight with colitis I met a bucher in the hospital going through the same thing as i was. we ended up being chavrusas for a zman. It was a grat relief to have someone that knew exactly what i was going through- every aspect of it, to talk to and compare notes with. So a support group in person is a great idea and tachlis- id love one on life after surgery- if you come across anyone please connect us thanx.
Tizku limitzvos!

Bottom

FORUMS > Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.