Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

FORUMS > Celiac Disease
Replying to Topic: celiac disease
Created On 4/26/05 11:16 PM by sk

Username:
Password:

Remember my login

[ Forget your login information? | Join the forums ]

sk
Junior Supporter

4/26/05 11:16 PM

i have celiac disease and need some advice in how to control myself, and i am also lactose intolerant (i dont even know if its part of each other, but, whatever,) and i need some help in how to control myself

Bottom

Ray
Supporter

4/26/05 11:26 PM

sk,

I'm so sorry u got celiac, i have crohns and can't control myself either. I'm so sick today from all the matza and stuff.
after pesach i'm going on a specific carb diet.
check out this site
digestivewellness.com
Mrs. weiss is very helpful.
feel better and be strong.

Bottom

sk
Junior Supporter

4/27/05 12:24 AM

ray,

dont ask how im feeling with this matza, but i got a matza called oat matza (its quite expensive) but i dont even think it was worht it (it tasted like cardboard) and we also got spelt matza, but that still has some kind of flour/grain in there that i cant eat. i know how crohns feels, my sister has that. she goes crazy sometimes, but we take something everyday that is called asidophilous (or however you spell it) and this replaces all of the bad stuff in the intestines or something
i got to go now i'll talk to you and i hope you feel better!
sk

Bottom

Ray
Supporter

4/27/05 9:53 AM

sk,

if the matza really bothers u then you should ask a rav if you have to eat it, i know i don't have to eat any of it, but i think that's only if i would stick to the diet and not eat other foods that also bother me, but i'm not strong enough now to control myself, i love potatos and it's too hard for me not to eat them.
you should check out the site, it's very helpful.
I also take that vitamin now too. i got sick from all other vitamins.
how is ur sister doing? does she have crohns for a long time? is she on a diet? i need some encouragement to start the diet. i was just told that i have to be very strict for 3 months and may feel even worse but then should start feeling better.
how long do u have celiac?
let's encourage each other that it's worth starting the diet and not eating foods we like but are not supposed to have so we can feel better and live normal lives!!
feel better!
Be strong.

Ray

Bottom

sk
Junior Supporter

4/27/05 11:01 PM

ray,
i do know that my sister has chrons for a couple of years now, and she used to go to this doctor (sometimes still does, but not as often as before) and he would give her these injections and stuff.
i have celiac for about 6-7 months now.
my sister tries very hard to stay off of gluten, and wheat, and milk products.
i hope that you go onto some kind of diet and get used to the foods that your allowed to have and feel better!

good night,
sk

Bottom

Moshiach
Junior Supporter

5/5/05 3:06 PM

I compiled a MS Word document with clippings of several websites regarding Celiac Disease. I will upload it to two places:

Available for 7 days:

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=31R0X1JO60VZE06CWK1AXHEV8R

or

http://dl2.rapidshare.de/files/1592256/4388464/celiac_research.doc

or

http://rapidshare.de/files/1592256/celiac_research.doc.html

-------------------------
"Achake Lo B'chol Yom Sheyovo"

Bottom

Hanna
Junior Supporter

9/23/05 6:25 AM

I have just received confirmation that our familly is all gluten intolerant. My advice to everyone is to educate yourselves because the medical profession is very behind all over the world. Here is an excellant site: braintalk.org. the gluten forum. I need the support of other Jewish celiacs Gut Shabbos

Bottom

Supporter

4/30/06 1:24 AM

Hi everybody,

I just received my celiac diagnosis. It wasn't a total surprise to me, as I've been suspecting it for a long time and one of my children has been diagnosed 2 years ago. I want to reiterate what Hanna stated, to educate yourselves as much as possible. You can get info at this website: www.enterolab.com. Click on "essay". By the way this is the lab that did the testing for me. Unfortunately so many people are not diagnosed soon enough and they suffer needlessly. In fact, my local general practitioner did the blood test for gluten antibodies. It came out negative, and that's because I B"H don't have colitis. It only comes out positive when there's already damage to the intestinal walls. Why wait until there's damage like that? I realized that my doctor is not well informed so I found a better educated one. She ordered the comprehensive gluten/dairy test through Enterolab. The essay will explain it all.
By the way, my child has a gluten and dairy sensitivity. I only have the gluten sensitivity. In terms of diet, there's a frum teleconference support group that "meets" about once a month. Perhaps you can gain chizuk over there. They also share recipes. I will post the phone no. as soon as I get a hold of it, together with the date and time of the next call.
I understand that sticking to the diet is quite a challenge, but the results are worthwhile. For me, being a mother of young children and I'm constantly run down and sick with upper respiratory illness and tired and I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired, I am highly motivated to stick to the gluten free diet, because the alternative is to continue being sick and getting sicker, as the condition does not get better on its own.
Another thing, about acidophilus: it gets destroyed by the acids in the stomach, so by the time it reaches the intestines where it's needed, there's not much if anything left of it. I found one brand that encapsulates the acidophilus so that it doesn't get destroyed in the stomach and it reaches the intestines intact.
Best of luck and siyata dishmaya

Bottom

Shay
Junior Supporter

12/18/06 8:35 PM
User is offline View users profile

Hi! i am so sorry that you have celiac disease! i also have it, but i was diagnosed with it over 4 years ago. it is rough but it gets easier as the time goes on! so just be patient and if you need any recipes my mom is the best baker ever and she has some excellent recipes. but if you need anything else just reply and i will try and help you! good luck

Bottom

FORUMS > Celiac Disease

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.