Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

FORUMS > Child Loss
Replying to Topic: dealing with yomim tovim
Created On 12/16/04 3:22 PM by helpless mom

Username:
Password:

Remember my login

[ Forget your login information? | Join the forums ]

helpless mom
Junior Supporter

12/16/04 3:22 PM

I am glad to see this topic on your forum, as I'm sure there are many others like me out there who feel the need to connect with others in like situations. I lost my son 6 years ago at the age of 3. I still find yomim tovim so difficult, why doesn't this get any easier?

Edited: 1/3/05 at 1:08 AM by helpless mom

Bottom

SUSAN
Supporter

12/16/04 5:13 PM

hi
i am so sorry to read about your loss. I know that it is realy hard going through the chagim without your son. We also had a loss recently in our family a close reletive of ours lost there son a few month ago in israel. he was a commander soilder his jeep that he was driving together with his friends was attacked and he together with his fellow solders were killed .
our reletives r devastated with there loss not only did they have to bury there 19 year old son there was nothing left to bury. this was there first born there pride and joy and there pain is unbearable.
no one should have to go through such pain in there life. may hashem give you the streghth to continue and may your sons neshama be a good zechus to you in the shomayim , i am sure that your son and my reletives son r looking over there families and praying for them everday.

-------------------------
smiling wont cost you a penny

Bottom

helpless mom
Junior Supporter

12/16/04 9:49 PM

thank you for your kind words, and my heart goes out to your relatives, I truly feel their pain

Bottom

downsyndrome
Supporter

12/18/04 10:23 PM
User is offline View users profile

Dear Helpless Mom:
I am so sorry about your pain and loss. I cannot begin to imagine how you feel and I daven to Hashem that I never should. I know that 'Chai LIfeline' offers bereavement counseling and they even have Shabbos getaways for parents who have lost children 'lo aleinu'. Perhaps you should contact them. May the Ribono Shel Olam strengthen you at all times, especially the ones that are extra difficult to bear. My heart is with you.
Sarah S.

Bottom

helpless mom
Junior Supporter

12/19/04 11:38 AM

I actually do alot of work for chai lifeline and am aware of all of their bereavment retreats. However, they cater mostly to parents who have lost children thru ilness.

Bottom

zissy
Junior Supporter

1/5/05 10:07 AM

so sorry to hear about your loss! I cannot really offer any advice coz i lost my son at the age of 8 weeks while he was still in hospital! so its easier in a way but i just wanted to tell you that Hashem should give you a nechama and may you only have simchos!

Bottom

helpless mom
Junior Supporter

1/5/05 11:36 PM

I am so sorry for your loss and wish you only hapiness in the future. I don't think for a moment that your loss is any less than mine, it is simply different. While I mourn the person my son was becoming, you mourn the child you never got to know. If you ever need a shoulder to cry on or a listening ear feel free to contact me ( via the admin. on this site)

Bottom

Gam Zeh Yavor
Junior Supporter

3/30/06 10:48 PM

I lost an almost three year old a few month ago. It was sudden and unexpected. I didn't know until it happened that pain can be so intense, but as time passes I'm slowly coming to terms.

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

4/2/06 12:35 AM

May you only have happy news to relate from now on.

Edited: 4/2/06 at 12:57 AM by gad

Bottom

personn
Supporter

3/14/10 4:40 AM

message me imda1best@gmail.com

-------------------------
heyyyy

Bottom

FORUMS > Child Loss

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.