Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

FORUMS > Lymphoma
Replying to Topic: Non-Hodgkins lymphoma
Created On 6/25/08 11:35 PM by srulismom

Username:
Password:

Remember my login

[ Forget your login information? | Join the forums ]

srulismom
Junior Supporter

6/25/08 11:35 PM

I don't really know why I'm writing this, but I just got up from shiva from a 20 yr old brother who died from non-hodgkins lymphoma stage 4. The weird thing is that he had mono (epson bar virus) first and the DNA of the virus connected with his lymphocytes and evolved into lymphoma. By the time the doctors diagnosed him, he was at stage 4. It was pretty quick - all together around 8 weeks! I guess b/c this is a frum support site, I feel that maybe someone out there can help me through this hard time. It's hard as well b/c I'm married with a 1 1/2 year old little boy and I have to keep going and be happy for his sake. If anyone out there has any helpful tips or advice, I'd be more than happy to read them. To all those mother/sisters/brothers/fathers/friends who have a loved one with lymphoma, just "hang in there!" I guess and keep davening! It definitely helps. Thanks again!

Bottom

B g'zunt
Junior Supporter

10/7/08 12:47 PM

Hi. I just read you rpost, and I know that it's a couple of months after. But I jsut wanted to tell you that I feel for you. I think its amazing how you're still keeping strong for you rlittle baby. I'm sure it stands in good stead for your brother.
Hamakoom Yenachem Eschem B'soch SHear Avlei Tzion V'Yerushalayim.
Keep going strong and hang in there.

-------------------------
Smile, and G-d will give you reason to

Bottom

Frummy
Junior Supporter

3/18/09 8:34 AM

Hi:

I just joined this group and saw your post. I was just diagnosed with lymphoma after a routine check-up found a suspicious lump in my abdomen. I'm waiting to be scheduled for a core needle biopsy for a definitive diagnosis and treatment recommendation. I'm scared to death. To add to this, my husband has Alzheimer's and I cannot burden him with my worries. I have 8 children, B'H, who are wonderful and supportive but they have families and lives of their own and I feel so all alone and scared...... If anyone has any words of wisdom to offer me concerning this disease or anything else, I'd appreciate it. May we only hear good news from everyone.

"Frummy"

Bottom

FORUMS > Lymphoma

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.