Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: pain killers
Created On 12/19/06 12:19 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

mamoshnow
Junior Supporter

12/19/06 12:19 AM

Can anyone tell me what are the chances of full recovery from addiction to pain killers?

Bottom

rockybrown
Junior Supporter

2/13/07 2:41 PM

im not sure, i do know tho a statistic i heard from shmuley boteach that 1 in 5 anorexics will eventually die from it or complications from it.

-------------------------
~when the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box~

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

2/13/07 8:04 PM

addiction to pain killers isn't anorexia

Bottom

Ploynie
Junior Supporter

4/26/07 4:22 PM

Hi, I was just wondering why there seems to be no one here that uses pills. I do and I'm trying to stop.

Edited: 4/30/07 at 6:29 PM by Ploynie

Bottom

avious101
Senior Supporter

5/3/07 9:45 PM

many people may just not like to talk about it
so , do you have a therapist or pdoc to help you through it ?
whats going on in your life that you need to take pills

Bottom

Dr. Lynn
Supporter

5/3/07 11:20 PM
User is offline View users profile

I have seen people recover from addiction tol pain meds, but it is very difficult.
a lynn

Bottom

Ploynie
Junior Supporter

5/4/07 12:20 AM

I started because my friend was into it. I don't do as many as he does though. I try to keep it under control, but it's really hard to stop, especially since I smoke and it makes the cigarettes much more enjoyable. Nobody knows about it except for a few of my friends who also use them.

Bottom

avious101
Senior Supporter

5/4/07 3:27 PM

i think maybe that to stop smoking would be the first step than so it wont be as enjoyable to take pills try getting a patch or the special gum for quiting and think of everything that will be better if you quit smoking : youll smell better (not that you definitly do ) youll be healtheir and i cANT THINK OF ANYMORE BECAUSE I REALLY DOT NO MUCH ABT IT woops i didnt mean to be capslock oh well you no the caps locks by the key a and if you uit smoking or reduce the amount you can work on stopping the pain killers (and maybe you could find some new friends who will inflouence you more towards the positive) ok i didnt just write that PLEASE dont get mad at me for saying that im just tring to help but aparently im making things worse

Bottom

su7kids
Senior Supporter

5/4/07 4:59 PM

Avious, it is so sad to me that your posts are so negative about yourself. You have so many words of wisdom to share. Even a 13 year old has wisdom and knowledge, and you know what tools you use to get yourself through day to day. There is always someone who can learn from what you post.

Proud Mom of 7, MIL to 3, Grandmom of 4!

Bottom

avious101
Senior Supporter

5/5/07 9:17 PM

sorry i dont mean to be negitive but thats just the way i am and if you new me you would realize im not that great a person and anyway who am i to tell someone to stop smoking when i have a bunch of harmful adictions maybe not as bad as smoking but cutting and pulling out hair and picking my scalp are bad addictions but they may even be worse than smoking i dont no but thanx for the compliment i scarcley get them because people are tired of my saying "no im not " and stuff like that so people just give up but deep down for like a secound it makes me feel better

Bottom

Ploynie
Junior Supporter

5/7/07 9:26 PM

You're right. It would be a lot easier if I stopped smoking. But it's also not that easy to stop smoking. Especially when you have another habit that makes you want to smoke more than regular.

Bottom

avious101
Senior Supporter

5/7/07 9:44 PM

hey i never said itd be easy i just thought it would be a good ideah and a good place to start hey i stopped cutting do you think that was easy (well actually i kinda relapsed but the point is i stoped for a while and then i got the courage to stop again

Bottom

Ploynie2
Junior Supporter

8/26/08 1:39 AM

Is there anyone to call to speak about this addiction? Like when I have the urge to do drugs, I can call them and they can try to talk some sense into me?

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

8/26/08 1:51 AM

Originally posted by: Ploynie2
Is there anyone to call to speak about this addiction?

Sorry, I don't know of any. But you can feel free to post in this forum when you want to.

Bottom

Ploynie2
Junior Supporter

8/27/08 2:26 PM

Gee Thanks

Bottom

chinajew
Junior Supporter

2/1/09 10:52 AM

I was addicted to painkillers. Eventually I got help, I relapsed a few times but now I am off them. I dont know how many pills you are taking but if it is a large amount and every day you can not do it "cold turkey". Besides it being dangerous it is much harder. Everytime I tried to quit "cold turkey" it never worked because after a day or two I would start freaking out and having anxiety attacks. The only thing that helped when that happened was to take the pills again. If you are taking a large amount you should try and taper off. It may (prob will) still take a few tries. That was the only way I was able to stop.

Bottom

Echo613
Junior Supporter

3/18/12 12:26 AM

Wow.. 2008.. I wonder how Ploynie is doing? Here it's 2012 and I am just finding this place. I'm addicted to pain killers.. unfortunately I have the additional problem that I suffer severe pain from a spinal injury many years ago. So even if withdrawal wasn't an issue, I would have the pain to contend with. Although, at times I have felt like maybe it would be worth it because of how my depression/anxiety has gotten much worse over the years of being on the opiates..

I was gonna write a bit more but nobody will read it until after moshiach comes and it won't be an issue anymore. Hopefully sooner than later

Bottom

Shea
Junior Supporter

5/12/15 11:26 AM

Hey guys, I am a recovering addict. I was taking 30 roxys a day at the end of my run. There is a way out and we don't have to live like that anymore. If anyone is interested in help feel free to reach out to me 347-451-6356.

Bottom

recovery
Junior Supporter

3/15/16 11:06 AM

Hey everyone for those of you in recovery their is help. In regards to who you can call when in trouble? Go to meetings and get a SPONSOR that is what a sponsor is for to help with your recovery.
Work a program it works if you work it.
If you need help finding the right treatment pick up a phone and call referral agencies. 2 wonderful agencies that I have dealt with in the past are Amudim in NYC and Nesivos.org in Lakewood NJ
They have been wonderful they help you figure out what it is you need and steer you in the right direction.

One Day at a Time

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Addiction < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.