Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: schitzoaffective disorder
Created On 1/15/08 7:37 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

1/15/08 7:37 PM

many people may think that they are either bipolar or schitzophrenic. this is possible, but you can have elements of both to some degree, and can be diagnosed technically with schitzoaffective disorder, as i have, which takes symptoms of both (or some symptoms of both), and combines them to form schitzoaffective disorder. possible medications can be clozaril, klonopin and aderall, of which three i actually take myself, which is helpful in making my recovery easier. i, for example, take the clozaril to combat mania and psychosis, while i take the klonopin to calm or soothe my anxiety and help me sleep, and take the adderall for my add and adhd, which can be developed often when an individual (like me) is recovering partly from bipolar disorder, as i have and am. ocd is also a symptom that can develop in bipolar recovery.

atara (aka torsalicious613)

my new name, as i would like to be referred to, would either be:

1) ruchniusmagnet

2) geekmagnet

3) gashmiusmagnet

4) frumnonjew

5) rainbowgold

6) stormycalm

7) quietwind

8) shabbosobserver

9) kashruskeeper

10) highheeledpartygirl

11) bigfoot

12) blackholesun

13) newgalaxygirl

14) astrologygirl

15) zodiachoney

16) dizzygirl

17) afraidtoswim

18) afraidofthedark

19) innerlight

20) guidetotheblind

21) goodgoldenheart

22) sickbuthappy

23) imprisonedsoul

24) headinghappy

or..

baddaddaddadam..

25) tunnellight

-------------------------
what the hecka is a signiature?

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

1/15/08 7:38 PM

tell me which one you like, i'd like some suggestions, please feel free to vote, the highest amount of votes will go toward me making my new name.

thanks, guys!

atara

-------------------------
what the hecka is a signiature?

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

1/16/08 1:52 AM

21) goodgoldenheart

Bottom

Belly
Supporter

2/26/08 1:39 PM

I'm also for 21!
Sorry it took me so long to vote. I didn't log in for a while

BTW why do you want to change your name?

Bottom

born2believe
Junior Supporter

2/27/08 10:19 PM

Innerlight seems like a good choice. But since you put down “stormy/calm” as one of the list of nicknames I want to share with you why that basically sums up the last 10 years of my life. You see at 20 I was calm and cool as a cucumber and I had been that way for several years. Everything was right I was confident, productive, popular, good looking, earning good grades (in my speech major, one of 5 majors I would take, which doesn't even include a course I took in web design, plus cope programming [that lasted only a week]). Back then I also had a father that I was rapidly developing a very close relationship with. And I didn't have a clue as to what lay ahead.
Then it hit me. My fathers death was the big blow. Then several months later it led to Mania, Depression, loneliness, panic attacks, social anxiety and Insomnia; all very stormy weather I never saw coming.
Things were so good back then, I thought it would be the first girl and I would be off and married at 21. The only question was who would marry first, me or my younger sister. My sister married 6 years ago and now at the age of 28 I keep trying to weather the storm that keeps pounding down on me from all directions. But, to borrow another one of your nicknames, I am heading down the path of the “tunnellight”, or the light at the end of the tunnel. I am feeling pretty good lately. I am being more active and making a conscious effort to speak to different friends that I have had little contact with recently. I also started a private one on one course on graphic design with someone who specializes in the field. I know I should have taken this course years ago, but being that I would consider myself very creative and artistic and love working with the computer it’s better late then never Lastly, I would like to borrow yet an other nickname that I am beginning to see signs of and that is:. “headinghappy” I’m not quite there yet, but I’m on the right road.

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

2/28/08 1:26 AM

I hope that the graphic work is successful for you, and that you find a good shiduch soon.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Bipolar < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.