Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Feedback on mood logs
Created On 12/3/08 3:35 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

justso
Supporter

12/3/08 3:35 AM

I want to start logging my moods. I currently complete a diary chart for my DBT (Dialetical Behavior Therapy) class. However, the DBT diary card is focused on the use of DBT skills and how it affects symptoms/moods. I would like to hear from others about what kind of logging worked for you and why.

I found the following on line. I look forward to feedback I found a couple that are used online, which I don't want to use. I don't like the idea that my personal info is being collected by a pharmacutical company. I wonder if the free downloads might create a problem of spyware, etc. One program took CBT to a hilariously reductionist extreme -- input your negative thought/emotion and, then "click" for the "positive" alternative.

Here are some that I liked:

http://www.psycheducation.org/PCP/handouts/Mood_Chart.doc

http://www.psycheducation.org/FAQ/MoodCharts.htm

http://www2.vhi.ie/topic/journaltherapy[L=Text

http://www.empowercolorado.com/downloads.htm#Mood%20Charts
i]Tex(this one has abundant links and its from a non-profit mental health organization)[t

Bottom

Achdus
Supporter

7/3/09 3:48 PM

there is a good author- david d burns md, who wrote ten days to self-esteem, who has a section on how to fill out a daily mood log and how to combat bad moods. See if you can get out one of his books from the library . I personally like the ten days to self esteem book the best, because it is very hands on.

Bottom

littleengine
Supporter

10/25/09 1:29 AM

Hi! I know this is an old thread but in case you're still around, I hope you will read this.

I just wanted to thank you for writing about the mood logs.
I have been keeping records of my moods, sleep, exercise and a bunch of other details, for a few years already. However, sometime last year I began to get discouraged because it seemed like there were more and more factors to keep track of and it took a long time and was becoming a chore. In addition, maybe because there were too many factors involved, I was not able to find any patterns that were helpful in helping me figure out what was working/wasn't working. I just never knew that they my charts were called mood logs (otherwise I would have done a search and found some info). I did look online a few times to see if there were any charts that were clearer/easier to fill out, but was unable to find anything.
I checked out the links that you posted about a year ago, I think it was, and found them to be quite helpful.
Thank You!

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Bipolar < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.