Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: DR. McMULLEN
Created On 12/24/08 12:39 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

MAZ54
Supporter

12/24/08 12:39 PM
User is offline View users profile

does anybody have any info. on dr McMULLEN i heard that he is an excellent dr. does anybody have any experience with him?it would be a big mitzva to let me know everything. i've been seeing dr after dr and really not helping me much.i made an appointment with him and i don't want to leave my dr he's not too bad but i'm on a lot of meds. and i don't think i need all of them unless i hear about dr Mcmullen.a while back i heard some negative input about him on this forum.

-------------------------
I HAVE BIPOLAR DISORDER AND GENERALIZED ANXIETY.

Bottom

liar
Supporter

1/4/09 1:09 AM

I personally had a very bad experience with him. First off he is very expensive. It's 800 for the first time. The first time i went to him, the secretary walked in and out during the whole session. I thought this was a huge chutzpah. It turns out she does this all the time. When i mentioned something they said he must get back to patients that call right away or he"ll be in the office forever. It's just funny because i was never one of the people he got back to.. He types the whole time(your charts , not making much eye contact. His secretary is always very rude, she probally has problems. He admits himself that he is on anti-depressants.

I recently found a great doctor who happens to be on insurance. I don't even have insurance and i'm still using him. He's very warm and he really cares. I've been to a lot of doctors, some cheap some expensive but he is the best.

traitorsam

Bottom

liar
Supporter

1/7/09 10:48 PM

I forgot to add (not that anyone is reading this anyway) but D. mcmullen believes in giving a ton of medicine. So if you are looking to get off medicine don't go to him.

My doctor now who accepts insurance is really great.

Just because a doctor charges a lot doesn't make him good.

I'm seeing my doctor sunday. I have to ask him rishus if i could give out his name. he happens to be Jewish not frum but jewish.

So if anybody is interested they could personal message me after Sunday.

traitorsam

Bottom

moshe
Supporter

1/8/09 3:56 PM

I completly support Liar's view as you can clearly see from my link "looking for a good psychiatrist" BELOW.
The reason he got so "fat and big" is because of constant frum-to-frum referalls. So if anybody wants to have an additional headache from seeing Mcmullen then the right choice would be to go to him.

Bottom

MAZ54
Supporter

1/19/09 11:26 AM

could you give me the name and number of your doctor?

Bottom

moshe
Supporter

1/19/09 2:08 PM

my doctor is terminating his practice. Perhaps you may want to call RELIEF organization and they have several dr's who they recommend.

Bottom

MAZ54
Supporter

1/20/09 5:25 PM

RELIEF RECOMMENDS McMULLEN VERY VERY HIGHLY.

Bottom

moshe
Supporter

1/22/09 1:15 PM

It is up to you to go to him or ask for another referral from Rilief.

Bottom

lookin'up
Supporter

12/8/11 11:08 PM

i owe my life to Dr. Mcmullen. He literally saved my life. I suffered for 15 long and brutal years before he discovered the right medication that is now in the early stages of testing and stuff.

Bottom

laylee
Junior Supporter

1/4/12 7:44 PM

Hi lookin up,
Please pm me. I need more details of this miracle drug. I believe it to be temoxafin.(Spelling?) I have a sibling that is on this drug among others and just had another small relapse. We sure could use ure advice.please reply or pm me. Thank you so much.

Bottom

CAP
Supporter

1/9/12 8:00 PM

I known 1st hand people who had tremendous success from Dr McMullen. He is not known to heavily medicate at all.. on the contrary.. he's very into the natural route, like fish oil and vitamin D.
It could be someone with bad experince - either had interesting set of circumstances.. or the dr just wasn't a shidduch... which happens..
Relief really do know what they are doing when they send people to him.

Bottom

lookin'up
Supporter

1/23/12 5:07 PM

Laylee,
I apologize for not getting back sooner.

The so called miracle drug is isradipine. It worked for me after nothing else had worked, for over a period of 7 miserable years. So I wish you best of luck. I can't promise anything, but if you are lucky like me, things may never be the same. Just be aware that there will be bumpy roads on the way.

Bottom

moshe
Supporter

2/29/12 6:58 PM

We had a VERY long discussion here in this thread about Mcmullen which I see is missing now. Many people agreed here that he is a medical gangster for charging huge fees and is completely indifferent to your suffering. You can look up his name on Ratemd.com and see there.

Bottom

Who am I
Supporter

4/19/15 5:33 PM

I've been going to Dr. McMullen for several years now. I would definitely recommend him. He's always looking for something different, sometimes not the conventional way. I'm not saying that he doesn't use the typical meds like lithium, and an antidepressant and maybe another that he believes can help. But over the years he keeps looking for alternative things. He was one of the first to recognize the benefits of fish oil. It helped me, but only for a few months. But then he tries other stuff, like vitamin D or some other non conventional drug. For me I've never been able to stay stable when it comes to not feeling depressed, so he recently started me on two anti depressants and kept me on the few other meds that I've been using for a while now. After two weeks on the two anti depressants I noticed that not only has had my mood improved, but my anxiety level went down considerably.

Another thing about Dr. McMullen is that he has a room next to his office where they started recently trying a new type of treatment. They keep updating the treatment which is beneficial to many people. A couple of years ago I tried the treatment, but did not respond well. I generally don't respond to these type of treatments that well. But they have updated the treatment and it works for many.

For more info on this treatment call 212-362-9635

smile and the world smiles with you

Bottom

moshe
Supporter

6/25/15 12:44 PM

my suggestion to everyone is to AVOID MCMULLEN. He is callous, interested just in money, a pill pusher. and also has some sort of a mental illness.( I know he used to take pills himself and also had a course of TMS done on him in his office)

Bottom

Who am I
Supporter

7/14/15 4:06 PM

Don't be so quick to judge DOCTOR Robert McMullen. Yes he has some weird habits and charges a lot, but he cares!!!! How do I know he cares, because he is actually brave enough to tell the world that he is also Bipolar. He can, not just sympathize with you, but empathize. Give him a chance, then if you think he's the wrong DOCTOR for you, that's fine. But don't tell others negative stuff about him.

smile and the world smiles with you

Bottom

moshe
Supporter

7/21/15 1:02 PM

How do u know he has Bipolar?(I knew he has something, but did not what)
as to your point that he cares because he is sick is not a always the case. A person can have a flue, but it doesn't mean he empathizes with somebody else who has a flue. He is simply callous by nature.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Bipolar < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.