Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: early onset Bp parent
Created On 4/4/05 11:39 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

BP Parent
Junior Supporter

4/4/05 11:39 PM

Any parents of young early onset bipolar children out there? My daughter is 11 has been diagnosed ~18 mos. clearly a disorder existing from birth... Anyone other bp parent out there?

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

4/5/05 5:58 PM

hi, bp parent! talk to my mom! i was diagnosed at 14, bp. i have bipolar II i think, because i'm not constantly manic, and my medication has stabelized me. i know many are not this lucky. my mom is hesitant to go on this site, because she feels it is an outlet for me being bipolar myself, and she doesn't want to interfere with that. but i'll tell her for you, it's okay. obviously, i'll talk about it with her. but she needs an outlet too. so do parents of all bipolar kids, in my opinion. they don't nessecarilly have it easy, not much easier than the kids themselves. it's different, i guess. having it and knowing someone who has it. there's not exactly a manual telling parents how to cope, nor kids. i'm sure i and my mother would be doing a mitzvah by talking to you, and i'm sure you would do one by talking to us. so let's be mitzvah people (my mom calls my brother a mitzvah boy and my housekeeper a mitzvah girl when they do something nice for her..so i'm passing the torch, calling us "mitzvah people". who knows if we are actually doing a mitzvah? but we would be doing something nice for our fellow man, that's for sure. so maybe that's a mitzvah within itself..) my mom's really had it tough. she had so many dreams for me, not nessecarilly that i can't achieve anymore, jusy that got interrupted. maybe you can realate/ commiserate with her, expectedly so. well, i have to go catch a train, but tell me what you think. i would be glad to help you feel better, and i'm sure, aside from that being a mitzvah within itself, it's just a ice thing to do.

warm regards,

tors613

-------------------------
what the hecka is a signiature?

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

4/5/05 6:23 PM

p.s. bp parent, i take depikote, lithium, zyprexa, atavan, and a bc pill. does this help you feel less alone at all? in the beginning, i took respiridal and cogentin. i tried serequil and abilify and i had bad reactions to them, needless to say, they did not work for me. if there's anything i can say or relate to you that would help you feel better, just let me know. i've got a ton to tell you in my personal memory, or as i'd like to call, library. i'm sure i could pull a very high, dusty book/ file out for you. besides helping you, i'm sure it would help me too. ah, it feels so much better talking about it than keeping it all held inside. like i said, i will talk to my mom about talking to you. i'm sure it would be cathartic to all involved. (i'm pretty sure!)

yours,

tors

Bottom

BP Parent
Junior Supporter

4/9/05 11:19 PM

I'd be glad to talk (do we call this talking?) with your mom if she were willing and interested....

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

4/10/05 8:54 PM

sure, i'll see what she says. she's away right now but i'll ask her when she gets back. she might say no. i ain't assuming anything, but she might also say yes. so, i guess it's 50/50. ttyl, bp parent. i'll see what my mom sez.

sincerely,

torsalicious613

Bottom

specialmom
Junior Supporter

4/14/05 4:36 PM

My dd is also 11 and has early onset rapid cycling bp dis. She is certainly better since diagnosis and proper treatment!

mom to 5 bli ayin hara, with issues including eos enteropathy, bipolar, ACC/SID, LD, dev delay, gtube, etc

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

4/19/05 2:42 PM

wow! yikes, special mom! how do you cope?

tors613

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Bipolar < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.