Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Help
Created On 4/27/05 10:37 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

MacaroonFan
Supporter

4/27/05 10:37 PM

I had a terrible yom tov. The seder at home was awful, because...I can't even talk about this...I was so depressed, I couldn't even get out of bed and I can't talk about any of the details...it was just too awful. Would anybody like to help me, please?

-T.H.S.

P.S. ALL THE NASTY COMMENTS CERTAIN MEMBERS ON THE MENTAL HEALTH THREAD HAVE BEEN MAKING TO ME HAVE ONLY MADE THE SITUATION WORSE. COMMENTS THAT IMPLY THAT I AM NOT RELIGIOUS ARE ONLY GOING TO MAKE ME HATE PEOPLE WHO MAKE SUCH COMMENTS. I DO NOT APPRECIATE THOSE STATEMENTS. STOP SAYING THEM.

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

4/28/05 2:35 AM

Why was the seder so aweful? What are people saying to you? If necessary, report them to the administrator. Nastiness and degradation will not be tolerated here.
A Lynn

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

5/5/05 12:28 PM

i hope i wasn't saying them!

tors

-------------------------
what the hecka is a signiature?

Bottom

Ray
Supporter

5/5/05 1:44 PM

MacaroonFan,

I'm soooo sorry you had a terrible yom tov. well at least it's over now.
I understand y u r so upset about what people have been saying to you.
I can't say anything for them, why they say the things they do, maybe they don't have the same mature understanding as you do.
i think you have be in the dating scene for a while to see how crazy it is, and i don't think that those poeple have been so they can't answer you with educated answers only what they have grown up to understand.

i'm in the dating scene for a long time, and it sucks! i stopped dating for a while cuz i just found it to be to hard and stressful. i'm back in it now and it's real tuff.
Have a great day! Feel good.

Ray

Bottom

Ray
Supporter

5/5/05 1:49 PM

I hope i didn't offend anyone. if i did please let me know.
i only want everyone to be happy, no one needs more stress from being on here, we are all here to help eachother stay strong and go thru our challenges that Hashem is putting us thru, knowing that we can overcome them!!

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

5/6/05 11:53 AM

ray, i agree with you. and speaking from experience, dating can be real tough, esp. when someone (like me) is bipolar. it srains the relationship. big time. ttyl

tors

Bottom

Ray
Supporter

5/6/05 12:33 PM

So how are u all doing?

Bottom

lookinforhelp
Senior Supporter

5/9/05 4:08 PM

Macaroon fan,

I really hope it isn't me you are referring to when you were talking about mean people!!

I'm sorry you had such a horrible yom tov, but maybe you can tell us why it was so bad and we can try and help? Sometimes it just feels good to get things off your chest too.

Feel good, LFH

Bottom

highlowhealthyslow
Junior Supporter

7/4/05 7:29 PM

Oy vey macaroon fan! I FEEL SO BAD FOR YOU!!! I know how it feels to be depressed and trust me, it's the most painful experience one can have! Take my word for it, get help and go to the right doctors who will put you on the right meds and work hard , and next Pesach you'll be so happy and Jubilant that you'll forget completely what this Pesach was like and you will only know of joy! Please, don't let that depression get the better of you and don't EVER let it fool you that it has you prisoner forever. It's almost like a facade, once you snap out of it, it dissapears!

Ariel

Bottom

highlowhealthyslow
Junior Supporter

7/5/05 1:10 PM

For anyone feeling depressed, just click here:
http://www.goinchassidish.com/music.htm and the press on the bar that says NEVER and you'll be inspired!

Ariel

Bottom

ernie55B
Senior Supporter

7/5/05 2:08 PM

Hello Highlow....

I am sincerely glad you are doing well and feeling good these days. Just out of curiosity I went to that web site and I have a few observations.

First, what exactly is meant by "trapped in the prison of sin"?

Second, I think in today's day and age when we read about teenage drinking and drug abuse, it is totally irresponsible on the part of the writer to celebrate drinking and getting high on booze, which is mentioned more than once.
In particular, kids who are suffering from BPD are at higher risk for addiction and I would therefore recommend to anyone with kids not to let them get anywhere near this kind of 'music'.

Sincerely,
Ernie

Edited: 7/6/05 at 9:06 AM by ernie55B

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

7/27/05 10:55 PM

k, well, i went to the site, but it must be pretty bad, as ERNIE says, because MY PARENTAL CONTROLS won't let me PLAY THE MUSIC. SHEESH. LOL. But highlowhealthyslow, i liked what you said about depression. it is a facade and it can totally melt away, like the wiked witch of the east(/west?) in the wizrd of oz. ahh, what a classic! anyway, i hated that movie, so let's not talk about it. hey, besides, who watches movies on this website anyway? we';re "frummies", remember? "frummies" don't watch tv-- or movies-- so take that, wizard of oz, take that. HA! okay, i'm not crazy for all of you wondering while i'm rambling on, just a little manic, maybe, i had a great stimulating refreshing thought provoking tennis lesson with one other really nice girl i hardly-- sorry, let me correct myself-- do not-- at all-- know. ahh. it was great. really gets the endorphins goin. ah, excersice! another way to break out of a sepressive slump. you just gotta get up, make the choice, and DO IT! it's really not that hard. making the choice is the hardest part. you're home free practically the rest of the way if you believe in yourself. JUST BELIIIIEEeeveee.......

torsalicious613

p.s. guys, don't worry, i'm not manic. when i feel good, sometimes people confuse that with manic. distinct difference: manic-- comprised of positive AND negative aspects, emotions, and feelings/elements
happiness-- comprised of ONLY positive aspects, emotions, and feelings/elements

see the difference? ahhh. i do. there. i feel better. good night. AND FEEL GOOD EVERYBODYYYYYYYyyyyyy.....

torsalicious613

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Bipolar < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.