Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Need Help about Husband
Created On 12/6/11 6:55 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Min Hashamayim
Junior Supporter

12/6/11 6:55 PM

Perhaps someone can guide me. I am trying to figure out what my husband may have. As of now, he does not want to see a professional.

1) He analyzes everything from what people say to him, to what they say to others. He obsesses over it and sometimes can get very down because of it
2) He asks me lots of questions and makes me repeat to him a lot of times that I follow everything ki'halacha, or that the door is locked, etc.
3) He has highs and lows - sometimes dancing from excitement, other times yelling, other times stays in bed
4) He is very intense - takes off from learning a lot because of it.

Bottom

Tiredoftired
Supporter

12/6/11 8:14 PM

Edited: 5/28/15 at 7:38 PM by Tiredoftired

Bottom

Min Hashamayim
Junior Supporter

12/6/11 9:04 PM

I could probably say that the highs are a manic type of happy. Dancing around the house, telling me that he wants to finish shas, become a rav, etc.

And number 4, he is very intense with learning and analyzing things. He gets very into it and his mind works in a million different ways. He can outsmart most of his friends in Yeshiva and will come home with his mind reeling from dizziness and take down tons of sfarim before he even talks to me. This can go on for a few days straight and then he'll keep taking off because he needs a huge break.

Bottom

Tiredoftired
Supporter

12/7/11 2:23 PM

Edited: 5/28/15 at 7:38 PM by Tiredoftired

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

12/25/11 10:49 AM

I agree. Sounds mostly like Bipolar Disorder. I would strongly recommend a consultation with a psychiatrist.
a lynn

Bottom

Min Hashamayim
Junior Supporter

1/10/12 6:22 PM

Believe it or not, I went with my husband to speak with a gadol who said we should not see any psychiatrist or psychologist - first my husband should try and work on it. I don't know whether to laugh or cry and my husband's behavior has gotten considerably worse since then.

Bottom

Tiredoftired
Supporter

1/10/12 6:34 PM

Edited: 5/28/15 at 7:39 PM by Tiredoftired

Bottom

laylee
Junior Supporter

1/16/12 11:52 PM

Min hashamayim,
It seems like your rav is not at all familiar with mental health.you need to RUN to a mental health professional. Do not walk just run, this can get so out of hand chas vsholom that you wll really be lost.the quicker you treat this the more effective the recovery will be.
YOu can try dr mcmullen who has been a savior for us. He can diagnose your husband and put him on a regimen to heal this. Contrary to what yor rav says, there is nothing that will help besides meds. No self help, books,or advice.i urge you not to hesitate ,just get the help you need (the simptoms are there)
Hatzlacha.

Bottom

Min Hashamayim
Junior Supporter

1/30/12 7:12 PM

You have no idea how frustrating this is. I feel like my life is turned up-side-down, I don't know what's right or wrong. My husband now is depressed. He sleeps, complains, eats, watches movies, drinks beer, anything to take his mind off life...yet he doesn't realize he's doing it! He refuses to discuss going for help. I beg him to do it but he is literally a baby - childish...he tells me that it's MY fault because I react negatively to him. I should be more forgiving and more loving - give him my shoulder to lean on all day.

I am at a loss!

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

2/3/12 3:21 PM
User is offline View users profile

Oh man! that sounds tough!!!
Hang in there k? IT is DEFINTILY NOT UR FAULT!!!!
Honestly, you cud have a PART in it, but its DEF NOTUR FAULT< K?

Bottom

moshe
Supporter

2/29/12 7:08 PM

Hi,
For possible mental issues you don't go to a Godal(that is not his expertise) but to a psychologist or a psychiatrist(even if it sound a little scary) There are many people who need to be diagnosed and who don't( I don't mean to diagnose your husband)

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

5/9/12 2:48 PM

What happened?
a lynn

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Bipolar < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.