Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Hope?
Created On 6/11/05 5:48 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

eagle wings
Supporter

6/11/05 5:48 PM

Since my DH is not on meds, it is hard to have any long range hopes for an extended normal future. (Except that he was ok for the 20 first years of marriage....
Anyway, what usually REALLY sends him into a mania state is any family simcha. (Two years ago at our last bar mitzvah he arrived SO drunk that he passed out cold a few minutes after arrival (We took him to the place he used to work at, which was near the hall, to sleep it off, and purposely left him there all night as well...
Anyway, this week we have a bar mitzvah and he actually got through the shabbas ok. Actually ENJOYED himself. Actually playrd with the grandkids.
Bit scared about Thursday (the actual day of the bar mitzvah. ) Hope he gets through it (for His sake.). ( I already called the owner of the hall and said I won't pay him if ANY liqour is served....

-------------------------
"Let GO and Let G_D"

Bottom

lookinforhelp
Senior Supporter

6/12/05 10:58 AM

I'm sorry Eagle Wings! Does this person recognize that they have a drinking problem?

Bottom

eagle wings
Supporter

6/13/05 4:36 PM

Don't be sorry- thats just the way things are...
Actually, after 4 years of running around and wrecking our family life, he finally caught on. He has been alcohol- free for about 4months now. But he has sworn off things before, and relapsed. This is his longest clean period. But it is hard to be hopefull, as he refuses to take any medication for his bipolar problem. In fact, since he seems to be pulling out of the mild depression he has been in for the last 2 monthes, I can only hope that he is not just about to swing into a mania state. If he does stay off the drink and drugs, it could be that the mania itself would not be that bad. But it is hard to believe that he can stay off.
Anyway, the whole family is determined to try as well as we can to have as normal a life as possible.....
Yom Tov also went fairly well--- he was detached from everyone, but nothing worse.(I live in Israel, I know that you guys are all still in Yom Tov....)
I quess in just have to accept that I live in this Limbo of sorts, and I will have to take things each day as they come.

"Let GO and Let G_D"

Edited: 6/13/05 at 4:46 PM by eagle wings

Bottom

lookinforhelp
Senior Supporter

6/14/05 11:54 AM

Well Eagle Wings, I live in Israel too, so we can talk now while there is nobody around! Lol!

I'm so happy to hear that your chag went well and that the fact that there IS a problem is recognized! Is there an Alcoholics Anonymous around here? Because although he might be clean now, without support (and I know that you are surely extremely supportive, but this is different) from people who can actually relate... it is that much harder!

Hatzlacha rabba, LFH

Bottom

lookinforhelp
Senior Supporter

6/14/05 11:57 AM

Well Eagle Wings, I live in Israel too, so we can talk now while there is nobody around! Lol!

I'm so happy to hear that your chag went well and that the fact that there IS a problem is recognized! Is there an Alcoholics Anonymous around here? Because although he might be clean now, without support (and I know that you are surely extremely supportive, but this is different) from people who can actually relate... it is that much harder!

Hatzlacha rabba, LFH

Bottom

eagle wings
Supporter

6/15/05 4:57 PM

There is a city- hall supported therapy-treatment group in Ramat Gan for alcohol, and in Bnai Brak for drugs (mostly people from Pardes Katz, not too many frum people). I am sure there must be in Jerusalem as well. And of course there is RETURNO in Beit Shemesh, but even IF I could get my husband to go there (we tried), who can afford the place.??? For a short time he went to the Bnai Brak group, but left it and doesn't want to go back. There was a great group for wives, too, but since my husband is not in treatment I can't go anymore....I've heard that there are alcoholic annonymous groups as well, but I never went, I feel that I have my own problems pretty well sorted out by now. And I do have a good "resourse " councellor when I feel I need some dirrection. She sees my total family ptcture, not just my husbands problem.

"Let GO and Let G_D"

Bottom

eagle wings
Supporter

6/18/05 3:27 PM

I wanted to let you all know that BARUCH HASH-M the Bar Mitzvah went OK. Very few people came (Thursday PM in an out of the way place), and my poor husband was so upset that we over-ordered food that he had a hard time enjoying himself. But all in all, it was pretty good....

"Let GO and Let G_D"

Bottom

oh brother!
Junior Supporter

6/19/05 3:39 AM

mazel tov! mazel tov! lots of nachas. and hopefully your husband will continue to do well.

oh brother!

Bottom

lookinforhelp
Senior Supporter

6/27/05 7:46 AM

Dear Eagle Wings,

Just wanted to wish you a hearty mazal tov on the bar-mitzvah! I'm really so happy for you that it went well!! May you see only nachas from your son!

Sincerely, LFH

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

8/18/05 9:24 PM

there's always hope-- hope is a good thing. and so are bar mitzvahs!

tors

what the hecka is a signiature?

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Bipolar < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.