Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Why are you all afraid of me calling you guys out on your poor grammar and spelling?
Created On 7/7/05 9:57 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

MacaroonFan
Supporter

7/7/05 9:57 PM

Please, I beg of you! For the last time, the illness discussed in this mini-thread is NOT known as 'bipolar'. It is known as bipolar DISORDER.

Here is a brief review of some basic concepts of correct usage of the English language:

A NOUN is a person, place or thing. In this case, the NOUN is 'disorder'. One may only use ADJECTIVES to describe NOUNS.

An ADJECTIVE is a word used to describe a NOUN. In this case, the ADJECTIVE is 'bipolar'. One may only use ADJECTIVES when connected with NOUNS.

Hence, one may NOT use the term 'bipolar' without connecting it to the word 'disorder'. The DISORDER is a BIPOLAR one!

If your cousin had a blue tie on, would you say, 'He has on a blue!'? NO, you would say, 'He has on a blue TIE!' 'Tie' is the NOUN, and 'blue' is the ADJECTIVE describing the tie!

Saying that someone 'has bipolar' is just as nonsensical is saying your cousin 'has on a blue'.

When one mistakenly uses the term 'bipolar' as a NOUN (this is a completely different issue from saying 'she is bipolar', which is CORRECT because the term 'bipolar' is an ADJECTIVE in that case), he or she appears foolish and ignorant.

It's intensely irritating when I must read the incorrect usage of the English language on this message board, so PLEASE FIX YOUR WRITING, GUYS!

-Tova

Edited: 7/17/05 at 1:30 AM by MacaroonFan

Bottom

newatthis
Junior Supporter

7/19/05 7:48 PM

OH MY GOODNES! Im sure that people are not trying to irritate you and i believe regardless of correct grammer usage that people have the right to express themselves in any which way they choose. I must add that your topic really offended me and caused me unneccesary embarresment and pain. Im sure and hope that that was not your intention however you must always think about how others will feel. You cant immagine how upset i am. I am truelly horrified by your topic. I feel like im about to have a panic attack. My blood pressure is really up there. I would appreciate it if the next time you wanted to share your feelings you wouldnt be so harsh. You could have gotton your point across in a much more calm manner. NO ONE IS TRYING TO IRRATATE YOU! And i would like to tell anyone who read your topic to continue to express themselves however they choose. This site is for expressing and sharing your feelings. It is not an english class. I hope you understand the way i feel. I wish you well .

Bottom

eagle wings
Supporter

7/20/05 4:53 PM

I am sure that no one is trying to irritate you--- bipolar is probably used by some as an abbreviation, assuming that everone knows they mean disorder.

-------------------------
"Let GO and Let G_D"

Bottom

MacaroonFan
Supporter

7/20/05 10:45 PM

1. I find it interesting that you both assume that I feel the members on this message board are trying to irritate me. I don't feel that way - I just feel that people should communicate intelligently.

2. Newatthis - Why are you embarrassed by this topic? Why is your blood pressure rising? Why are you in pain? Why are you about to have a panic attack? Why are you truly horrified by what I said? Please see your doctor immediately; your reaction was extremely unhealthy.

-Tova

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

7/27/05 10:33 PM

macaroonfan, maybe we're all "afraid" of you "calling us out" on our grammar and spelling because YOU ARE BETTER AT GRAMMAR AND SPELLING THAN ALL OF US. Duh.

torsalicious613

what the hecka is a signiature?

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

7/27/05 10:38 PM

besides, macaroonie, whatchya been up to? (okay my spelling and grammar is wrong.. WHO CARES!? lol.)no, i'm just teasing. call me out on grammar or spelling whenever you want. i won't mind it. honestly i won't. i will quite enjoy it in fact. i need the practice, and i will appreciate the corrections-- who knows? i might become a better speller/ grammaratisizer BECAUSE OF IT! thanks macaroonie. we should talk more often. DON'T CHYA THINK? where have you been and what have ya been up to? it's like you've fallen off the face of the earth for gosh's sakes. sheesh. bye macaroonie. ttyl. peace and feel good.

always,

torsalicious613

a.k.a. tors

a.k.a. a.s.

bye!

what the hecka is a signiature?

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Bipolar < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.