Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: My therapist wants to start a support group in Brooklyn
Created On 4/1/15 11:01 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Who am I
Supporter

4/1/15 11:01 AM

Hi all, I was diagnosed with Bipolar when I was 18, that was 17 years ago. I have had ups and downs, but mostly downs. It's been years since I have felt good. I have been seeing my therapist for about 7 or 8 years. Now he wants to start a support group for severe mood disorders such as severe Bipolar or chronic Depression. He's looking for just 4 or 5 people from the ages of 25 to 40. His office is located in Brooklyn.

-------------------------
smile and the world smiles with you

Edited: 4/1/15 at 12:31 PM by Who am I

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

4/1/15 1:55 PM

I might be interested. PM me with the details.

Bottom

wannabehappy21
Supporter

4/1/15 11:24 PM

I might be interested I suffur from major depression.
Im 24 though is that ok?

Bottom

Who am I
Supporter

4/3/15 4:17 PM

keep climbing

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner, but I'm still waiting for my therapists reply. As for not using PM, I'm having trouble with it. The messages are not going through.

Bottom

Who am I
Supporter

4/3/15 4:18 PM

wannabehappy21

It probably won't be a problem, I'm still waiting for my therapists reply

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

4/3/15 5:02 PM

Who am I- I got your messages. Thanx!
Gut Yomtov to all! Feel well!

Bottom

Who am I
Supporter

4/13/15 3:04 PM

I apologize again for not giving details yet. My Therapist is doing a lot of researching to figure exactly what he wants to have. He will have the details emailed to me sometime this week. I do know a few things though. Firstly he wants between 5 and 8 people in the group. Secondly this is for both males and females. Thirdly even if we get enough people, my therapist doesn't want to start till as early as two months from now and possibly not till almost the summer. Also I talked to him and he said although 25 till 40 is what he wants, but he'll go as young as 24 (not younger). And lastly he said there's going to be a fee of 40 dollars per session. Thank you for your patience!

Bottom

Who am I
Supporter

4/16/15 5:17 PM

I know there's a lot of you out there suffering from either Bipolar or Depression. I know because I've got 100 people who probably just quickly glanced at this forum and dismissed it, didn't even reply. Of course I realize that some of you don't want to join a support group for various reasons. For some it may be uncomfortable. For some maybe it seems too far.

But, I think a lot of you dismiss it because you don't think it's going to help. So many people here are suffering every day. But the key is that a lot of us can emphasize with what your going through, because we feel it or have felt it in the past.

That's why a support group can be so helpful in lifting your mood a little. THINK ABOUT IT BEFORE YOU DISMISS IT

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

4/19/15 7:58 PM

Hi Who am I. I saw this thread now, and just wanted to say that I think the support group is a really nice idea. I turned thirty recently, and have been diagnosed with a mood disorder/Bipolar II in my twenties. I don't live in the Brooklyn area, though, and a weekly trip would be impractical for me. So I'm not dismissing it, but it won't work for me at the moment.

Bottom

internet18
Junior Supporter

4/19/15 9:18 PM

Hi, I am a mother of a son, age 26. My son would not join a support group. But I would be looking for the mothers of boys who have Bipolar to begin a support group in Brooklyn.

Bottom

Who am I
Supporter

4/21/15 6:03 PM

Internet18

I'm just curious why your son won't join. You could PM me if you want

Bottom

internet18
Junior Supporter

4/27/15 2:32 PM

Thanks for responding but my son has no interest in joining. No particular reason

Bottom

internet18
Junior Supporter

4/27/15 2:33 PM

Thanks for responding but my son has no interest in joining. No particular reason

Bottom

Who am I
Supporter

4/30/15 5:59 PM

I'll be frank: I don't know anything about this new guy that is offering a Free Peer led support group. All I can tell you is that this group I'm trying to form is in Brooklyn and there's a great therapist that will attend every session. Whether your male or female, this support group will be extremely beneficial to you. Wouldn't you like to talk to someone who is experiencing what you are. Wouldn't you like to share your feelings with guys or girls that understand exactly what your talking about. This is what this support group is about. Yes, it's 40 dollars a session, but the rewards and benefits you'l receive from these sessions will be well worth the money- I promise.

So whoever is interested in a support group that will help you tremendously, please tell me. Because I'm anxious to start this support group as soon as possible!

Edited: 5/10/15 at 3:24 PM by Who am I

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Bipolar < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.