Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: We need more people on this site
Created On 5/12/15 1:00 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Who am I
Supporter

5/12/15 1:00 PM

Today more than ever there's becoming more and more people with depression and bipolar. The difference is that today people are not as ashamed of their illness as people in the past. 30 years ago if someone was on medication for a mental illness they were considered crazy. People didn't get it! they wouldn't associate themselves with someone on meds for depression, bipolar or any other mental illness.

Mental illness is no different than physical illness. Are we really that different when we're depressed and I'm not talking about feelings, I'm talking about who you are as a person. Yes we don't smile as much and we're not always in the mood to do different stuff, but depression can't change your personality, character, talents and traits. It may alter it, but You'll always remain the same person with or without meds.

As I'm sure you all know, there are many famous people who have depression or bipolar. Unfortunately, they're too proud to do something about it. People are afraid to get help. They feel like if they see a therapist or they have to be on meds there's something wrong with them. But as I wrote earlier: the stigma towards people with depression and bipolar is ever so slowly going away. Yes, it may take another 20 years, till we're treated like everyone else, but all of us today know we are no different than a person with a pulled hamstring, a knee injury or any other type of physical illness.

I remember when this site started more than a decade ago. I was under a different name then, but I was more depressed than ever back then. But every day, I would look forward to coming on this site and sharing my pain with others who knew what I was feeling. They didn't just sympathize with me like everyone else, they emphasized with me. In the beginning this site took off and people would go on every day.

I implore all of you, whether you visit twice a week, once a month or just when you feel like it, to take advantage of a site that was made for us and all others that are struggling physically or mentally. Frum Support was made for people like you and me. How long does it take to open your computer and get on this site and contribute some (positive) thoughts.

So to some up: Anyone out there that's depressed, don't feel ashamed, don't feel different. Try to drop by this site once a day, even for 5 minutes.

-------------------------
smile and the world smiles with you

Bottom

moshe
Supporter

7/21/15 1:17 PM

it is correct that there is a very slow traffic on this valuable site. Two ideas to make it well known. One is to tell people you know about it. Also administrator of this site told me that they don't advertise it because they have no money. So it would be worthwhile if people who benefit from this site to contribute money towards its advertisement or at least start threads about it on some jewish websites like yeshiva world, etc.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Bipolar < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.