Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: psychosomatic symptoms from anxiety
Created On 3/6/06 2:29 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

3/6/06 2:29 PM

hello, recently i have developed bronchitis, a head cold, an allergy to peanuts (relatively minor), and a bit of asthma. ALL PSYCHOSOMATIC. ofcourse it's real, because i have real symptoms. isn't it amazing how we can get things we make ourselves think we can get? i'm not wheezing, thank g-d, but breathing is labored. my chest is not congested but my throat is. i'm wondering if anyone's had a similar experience. if so, please let me know. maybe there's some kind of psychic healling thing i can do? anyone have any experience with this? i know this is a new kind of approach to illness. it's not really been explored in our culture or society yet. but i believe we get how we feel and we feel how we think, therefore, we get what we think we get. so? you think i;m manic? maybe. but i'm sick too. and that's the honest truth. bye

atara

-------------------------
what the hecka is a signiature?

Bottom

momoftwins
Supporter

3/8/06 1:16 PM
User is offline View users profile

im sorry you feel that way !

Edited: 3/31/06 at 6:40 PM by momoftwins

Bottom

ernie55B
Senior Supporter

3/8/06 4:45 PM

Hello Atara,

If you are not feeling well, and have labored breathing you should see a real doctor not a psychic (quack).

Ernie

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

3/16/06 12:37 PM

guess what, ernie? you're right! i went to an allergist, said i had bronchitis and i was really okay even thouygh it felt like i couldn't breathe. to get technical and gross, (sorry, people..) bronchial tubes, as he explained, can constrict in two ways:

1) the actual tubes become inflamed and shrink in size and
2) mucus or phlegm (sorry, guys, gross, i know, but nessecary to illustrate what i am talking about) covers the lining of the tubes and makes you feel like you can't breathe even though you are

inhalers and nebulizers only help type 1, so type 2 you have to treat with antibiotics and cough a lot and hope it will heal on its own, and, just, well, suffer, but know you are really breathing and that you won't die or need inhalers.

note, people: because of stress i was recently put in a mental hospital. coughing, miserable, givena higher dose of meds, i'm fine, now, b''h, but it was scary. (i was coughing and screaming at some points to get enough air in to my lungs. glad that's overwith. my psych doc heard me screaming and wanted to admit me. i just wanted to get away from my family. and i did! instead of my parents getting no sleep til i got better and stopped coughing, the paid staff who stayed up anyway at night did, so it worked out nicely!)

i am now getting rid of stress in my life, i.e. my psych class, voice lessons, and a boyfriend.

gtg talk to my psych teacher about dropping his class!

bye!

atara

-------------------------
what the hecka is a signiature?

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Bipolar < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.