Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: where do I get money to pay for my doctors
Created On 3/27/06 12:15 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

liar
Supporter

3/27/06 12:15 AM

As I posted before I've suffered with bipolar for 5 years. The doctor that was treating me said he tried his bag of tricks on me & gave up. So I obvioustly stopped going to him. Since then I've been searching for a Doctor. I'm still not stable , and I don't wan't to go into depression again. Therefore as not to have a repeat of last time Iam looking for a top doctor, so he won't say he tried his bag of tricks on me & give up. I recently wen't to a consult by a top doctor and he suggested a medicine. There are 2 problems 1 he only does consults &2 it's 400 dollars an hour. So i'm looking for a top regular doctor but they charge like 700 dolars the first time or even 500 dollars the first time & after that 350-400.My parents don't have the money to send me to top stuff and Iwon't settle for mediocre. My grandmother also doesn't have the money. I haven't been to adoctor in a while and I really need to see one. I need a top caring physician. . I know from experience that usually top doctors charge alot and that's the way it should be .I don't wan't to make the same mistake I made last time. It's been a heck of a five years and I just wan't to know I'm in the middle and not be susceptable to severe depression or highs. So where should i get the money from, I don't wan't to settle, I need a top doctor & the last thing I wan't is to go into depression again cause it's gehinom. I have names of top doctors , of very good doctors the problem is they charge too much.

What should I do?

-------------------------
traitorsam

Bottom

soome16
Junior Supporter

3/27/06 1:15 AM

Borrow if u have to. Go into debt. Do whatever it takes to get the best doctor. Your life is worth the debt. Without it, u will be dysfunctional.

Bottom

momoftwins
Supporter

3/29/06 6:51 PM
User is offline View users profile

if you do not have any money

you can get medicaid

Bottom

SuperShuki
Junior Supporter

11/13/06 8:52 PM

I'm on SSI (Social Security Insurance). Have you tried that, or other government help?

Bottom

moshe
Supporter

11/17/06 2:36 PM

Hi
I wish u best of health.
The best way to get money is to work.Even a low paying job is better than none.Besides it helps your self esteem and fills up your day and brings some sort of stability.
I completely agree with SOOME that u or your parents should get into debt but stay healthy then u could repay it.It is crucial to see a competent Doctor.But pricier is not always better.

Bottom

SuperShuki
Junior Supporter

11/30/06 4:33 PM

The problem with work and bipolar, I've found out the hard way, is reliability. You can't tell your employer that you'll be able to work at a set time, because one day you'll suddenly go 'down' and you can't show up at work. Or if you do show up, you aren't really able to work. At least that's what I've found out.
All the best,
Yehoshua

Bottom

moshe
Supporter

12/3/06 11:36 PM

Obviously if one can't work he can't work.But living on SSI today is not an option iether. Cost of living keeps on going up.If lets say u get $800 per month from SSI,etc. and a good avr. shrink charges $200-300 per visit u see the odds against u.
Also Liar is a young guy and needs some sort of a job. Also one need to think off providing for the(future) family. It may be hard but every one can do some simple job, like working in deliveries,packaging, making pizza, barber, etc.
If u are a barber u can make your own hours.
I hope this helps.

Bottom

ezrah
Supporter

9/1/07 4:51 PM

alot of companys give you free medicine for those who can not afford it
you can try to be in a study and get free medicine
johnhopkins has a stysduy

-------------------------
Please pm me if you have any questions.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Bipolar < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.