Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: where should i go or who should i call if im feeling suicidal?
Created On 4/5/06 10:55 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

spirit
Junior Supporter

4/5/06 10:55 AM

please answer !

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

4/5/06 12:34 PM

talk to me. i'm feeling exactly the same way, but i won't do it, because i know how much it will mess the lives up of myself, my parents, my friends, and my family. remember river phoenix? he was so kind, so sweet. then drugs. drugs messed him up. but not only that. he conscented to taking drugs. so he messed his own life up. but don't blame him. it's not his fault. it was a mistake. people make mistakes. it's just when they gravely affect themselves or others, that it becomes a real problem, one worthy of talking to someone about. i saw a suicide help hotline on the front of my county phonebook. if you look hard, you should find one on yours. i believe they're annonymous, so you don' have to worry about them telling anybody, but i'm not completely 100% sure, so don't hold me to it. but i'm always here.

p.s. river phoenix's death will always haunt me (he was in the movie, stand by me, by the way, when he was younger, in case you don't know who i'm talking about). sometimes people like us (you, me, river, and i'm assuming you, but i'm not sure because i don't know you that well) are blessed and cursed with the ability to withstand pressure stress and trauma and this ability usually shows itself as positive personality traits or talents. is that fair? no. but we have these problems so we can influence and inspire people like or not like us in many good ways. i look on us as angels, doing G-d's work. we're actually all angels, just some of us have a bit more duties, and to a bit of a higher calling, than others. if you're one of these people, you know what i mean. you can feel it. you can sense it. so what am i saying? yes, the hardships, the risks, the pain are and is great. but if you hold on, so are the rewards. hashem sees everything you do and at the end of days you will be accounted for it, don't worry. your efforts will not go unnoticed. just wait. be patient for that day. because if we all keep doing what we're supposed to, as i believe we are, that day will be coming sooner than you i or we think. remember, you can always talk to and or pm me.

atara

-------------------------
what the hecka is a signiature?

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

4/5/06 12:37 PM

was river phoenix jewish? no, but he was a beautiful soul in pain tortured til the day he died, and he did not have to die. he was a good person, and even though he had some traits that should not generally try to be immitated, he was on the whole a beautiful neshama sent down here on earth to do good. i wish he were still alive so he could find judaism. who knows? if we got to him in time, he might be alive today. but he's not. he's dead. so we have to learn from him, and learn what to do and not do from him, even though he was only a mere "goy" and not a prescious "yid".

atara

Bottom

waiting
Junior Supporter

4/5/06 2:12 PM

If this is in relation to the domestic violence which you mentioned in another post, you can contact some agencies which are experienced in this. Shalva in Chicago (773-583-4673) is a very helpful organization with call handlers who are kind and responsible. Even if you are not in the Chicago area, I believe they will help and put you in touch with the right people in your area and walk you through the process.

There is also a NY based organization SAVI Takanot Project (212-423-2144) which I have heard of but am not familiar with.

Please let us know how you are doing as the day goes on.

Bottom

ernie55B
Senior Supporter

4/5/06 3:26 PM

If you have children, you should keep a picture of them in front of you.
If not, then parents, sibs..etc., people who would surely feel awful if you were gone.
It's what keeps me here on this earth.

Ernie

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

4/5/06 5:02 PM

i agree. hold on to your family and prescious ones to you you hold dear. if they love you enough, and you love them, they'll keep you grounded.

atara

Bottom

spirit
Junior Supporter

4/5/06 8:23 PM

everything is ok ! thanks for answering me ! i liked hearing from torsa!
can you give me more information about the place in ny?im not feeling suicidal by the way !

Bottom

spirit
Junior Supporter

4/5/06 8:24 PM

ernie - that a realy great idea !
i dont log into this site often
but dont worry about me evrything is ok !

Bottom

ernie55B
Senior Supporter

4/5/06 10:01 PM

OK, I'm glad. Thanks for letting me know.

Stay well please!!!!

Ernie

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

4/6/06 12:13 AM

yay!

atara

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Bipolar < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.