Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: serious question!
Created On 4/6/06 8:36 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

spirit
Junior Supporter

4/6/06 8:36 AM

i would like to hear from people wh are bipolar!
why do people wit h bipolar sometimes suicidal thoughts?
what cause them to happen?
how can so many dirrenet people
share the same thought

Edited: 4/6/06 at 8:37 AM by spirit

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

4/7/06 2:17 PM

bipolar disorder deals with the extremes in life. the extremes of emotions, of events, of interpretations of events, of meeting people, interpretations of meeting people, dealling with your moods, accepting them, all while trying to live a "normal" life. to someone who's not bipolar, this is impossible! we are amazing so much in this way because regular people couldn't handle what we are going through. but we can. allong with the dignity and confidence that comes with dealling with a much larger load than most people have to handle successfully has a downside too. it wears on our bodies, our minds, and our souls. thus, the interest in suicide. we are tired. tired of our lives, tired of trying to fix the world when no one else really cares or gives a you know what. we are tired of being the sensitive one, the giving one, when other people have made up their minds and already expect it and don't give us any recognition or credit to us period for doing it. we must pave our own road. that is the hardest. because we are all lonely, even while we're paving. spirit, guys, this is why we turn to suicide. but we are not alone. ALL of us here DEAL with EXACTLY the same thing, am i wrong? i guess we will all just have to keep the faith and hope and pray that for a short time at least, hopefully forever, but probably not unless we band together and try really really really hard, that the world will see it our way some day. i hope and pray for that every day. will hashem answer my prayers? only time will tell. but until then, i have to live my life, keep praying, and so should you. suicide aside. (like i said, it's a way out, not a very productive one, because you will solve none of your problems, only create more, and make your loved ones hate or be angry at you for putting them through so much needless (in their minds) misery.) the world will be perfect some day. i believe it. the world will then see everything the way we do. til then, we must be patient and hope and pray mashiach comes. because G-d knows we're ready. it's the rest of the world that has to do the work on preparing themselves. as far as i'm concerned, we're good. it's everyone else who in my mind, logically, should be entertaining the thought of suicide (chas vesholom, i'm just saying the idea should come to them before us in comparison) bcause, compared to us, they are truly lost. maybe if we try to better to them, they will try to better to us. we can learn from eachother, teach eachother that we can learn good things from eachpther. then there will be no such thing as stigma or needless (senseless) hate. everyone will accept everyone because we will all see the good in eachother, not bad. i have to go now, but i hope i made a good impression and answered spirit's question somewhat on why us bipolaroids consider suicide. hey, it's harder as a bp person. but it's worth it. the insights, the life secrests revealling euphoria (okay okay and the depression, which oce you get out of is a source of) the wondeful feeling you get after you've left a dirty non-pointless depression period behind. we appreciate life more. we have to. we're more sensitive. it's in our nature. but this should be to our credit, not against us. why reward this goodness with the punshment of suicide? others may not see it, but because we are naturally so intuitive, we should see the good in it and have confidence in it. we should have more dignity, more self respect. don't let others win by killing yourself, because that's what you're doin if you entertain the idea. be a winner. live. and watch the normal people cower at what they've been missing out on when moshiach comes. really. we can relax while then they have to do all the work to get to where we are spiritually. this is why i see that suicide can be an answer, but not a good one. it's not a good solution, and it makes normal people win. don't let them win! us bipolar people have to stick together! and then we will win! but inorder to stick together, we can't be dead. that would be pointless and defeat the purpose. okay well i've talked too much. bottom line, suicide's not worth it. you are worth too much and have too much good to do in this world to quit now. i'm talking to myself too (i always am, in these postings!) well, i have to go

atara

-------------------------
what the hecka is a signiature?

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

4/7/06 2:17 PM

p.s. hey all of us who are bipolar are bipolar. that's just how it works.

atara

-------------------------
what the hecka is a signiature?

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Bipolar < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.