Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: I am tired
Created On 3/29/05 12:35 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

pdk
Junior Supporter

3/29/05 12:35 AM

I grew up in a non frum house hold and when I was 12 I became frum but my father didn't like that and would yell and beat me. So now today I try very hard to cope but it is hard . I have tried commiting suicied twice and I thought about it many more times than that, I try to cope with things but its hard I am depresed and I can't hold down a job I am not married yet and I every night beg from hashem to take my neshamah away. I have seen psychiatrists but don't help all they do is send you home and put you on medicine. but I truly had enogh I just beg from hashem to release me from all this

-------------------------
dkarsai

Edited: 3/29/05 at 12:48 AM by pdk

Bottom

motcha
Supporter

3/29/05 6:14 PM

Hi,
The fact that you came here means that you really want to live and get better. We are here for you.
Suicidal feelings are serious and you definitely must seek the care of a psychiatrist and psychologist imediately. You write that your psychiatrists just send you home with medicine. What did they diagnose you with? Are you also in therapy? Your father mistreates you. Are you in touch with your mother? Other relatives? Sibblings? Any friends who care about you? Is there anything you enjoy or once enjoyed doing? How are you living without a job?
Things seem hopeless now. And you are trully suffering. But things can get better. Please remember that. Many people have walked in your shoes and have been helped and had their emotional stress elliviated. You will one day feel better too.
From the bottom of my heart,
Motcha

Bottom

pealegesh
Supporter

3/31/05 7:52 PM
User is offline View users profile

Good evening and I can tell you what depression is also about. I am an orthodox Jewish male who not tried to kill myself but I have the scars on my wrist to prove it. I still have the thoughts of it. I lost my parents in the matter of 16 days, I have NO siblings, cousins, uncles, aunts, lost my virginity to my rebbe, I am a Diabetic who had a stroke two weeks ago. I have a problem with sleeping, eating, wetting the bed, I live alone.

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

4/5/05 2:40 AM

Dear PDK and Pealegesh,
As I mentioned in other places on this board, I think you should be evaluated for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Meds can sometimes mask the symptoms, but they often don't heal the problem with PTSD, b/c the problem is not bio-chemical. For PTSD, I use EMDR treatment (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing), and I have seen amazing results. I recommend you check out their website (I think EMDR.com). In addition to explaining the technique, on the website you can find a trained practitioner near you.
A Lynn

Bottom

Recovering
Junior Supporter

4/5/05 8:11 PM

Dr. Lynn, have you heard of EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique)? I find it is much more effective than EMDR. It has similar roots, in energy psychology, and energy meridians. I am actually training to be an EFT therapist. I used to be very depressed, addicted to everything, had IBS, and anxiety was a constant in my life. Through EFT I have been healing myself, and it is amazing how I feel about myself and my life right now. I'm not finished yet, not at all, but really, no one ever is, we're always recovering, and climbing ever higher. I'm much better than what I used to be. Baruch Hashem I discovered EFT, if not.... I consider it a Matana from Shamayim, and I want more people to find out about it so they can help themselves. If anyone is interested in checking it out, look on emofree.com, the official website. It is VERY worth it. If anyone wants to talk to me more about it (and you'll see me talking about it all over this site, because I LOVE it!!) please send me a message!

pdk, pealegesh, you're on the right track. We're here for you. All of us. Just know that you are so loved by Hashem and by us here on the site and that you are so special for tackling this monster and Yetzer Hara head on. I mean that! Someday, hopefully, you'll realize that, too.

-------------------------
-"On the ladder of life, it matters not what rung you are on, but only how many you have climbed."

-"Love Thyself!"

Edited: 4/5/05 at 11:54 PM by Recovering

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

4/7/05 1:17 AM

Recovery-
I am not yet familiar with EFT, but thank you for the website address- I will look into it.
A Lynn

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.