Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: To this day
Created On 4/4/13 1:04 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

4/4/13 1:04 PM
User is offline View users profile

Heres a video that deserves its own thread..... In response to"Numb"

http://www.aish.com/ci/s/To-This-Day.html

I dedicate this thread to Meira. I don't know where you moved, but know that I think about you every day.Every time I meet someone from the state you moved to I ask if they know you. I do people search after people search just to find you to apoligize. I know you thought I was nice to you , but behind youre back, I was still that popular girl. Laughing at you so that I wouldnt become like you. I would be higher. And if you are out there, reading this, then I hope you try to contact me, becuase I cannot find peace until I make peace with you. I know I cant take away the pain of lonliness. I did to much damage. But maybe I can show you that I am damaged to. My friends who I made fun of you with, they "touched me". I became a victim like you, to those who pretend to be friends, but behind your back make fun of you. We were just kids, and so were they. Is a 7 year - old bully any less harmful? No! If anything more harmful then the ones who grew up to be 12 year old bullies. But now, I am just like you At 19 we are the same.You and I . Victims. To pills and razors and all of that. I want to show you that I got what I deserve . I got the pain that was coming to me. And now, I want to give you what you deserve. Friendship.

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

4/4/13 5:32 PM

wow, channa, thats beautiful.

-------------------------
there is light at the end of the tunnel

Bottom

hiddenbutterfly613
Supporter

4/4/13 7:37 PM

Thank you for sharing Channa. I know how hard it is to put something like that out there, and I hope one day she'll hear that message and you both can move forward.

I saw that video when it started making rounds on the internet. It's really powerful and having a lot in common with the story teller, I couldn't even bring myself to share it on facebook for fear that someone would watch it and connect it to the pain that I carry with me through life from the childhood bullying.

In recent years, I've found that bullying really is an epidemic. It happens throughout the world in many different scenarios, but it also happens in the one place that it should NEVER happen - in the Jewish community. We are a people who are supposed to bring light to the other nations, we're supposed to have risen above all that. Yet, I found that I was bullied worse by the "frummer" kids than the non-Jews or more modern people I knew. Why is that?

~You make a LIVING by what you GET,
You make a LIFE by what you GIVE~

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

4/5/13 10:59 AM
User is offline View users profile

I dont know.... Its interesting observation though...
Maybe because modern/non jewish people are accepting or EVERYONE (and I mean everyone) where as the more yeshivish crowd is told why it is wrong for the "modern people to..." and etc and how goyim live empty lives etc so it makes us more judgmental...? just a thought..

Bottom

hiddenbutterfly613
Supporter

4/7/13 5:19 PM

It's so strange. And it's like acceptable or something, because nobody does anything about it. Most of the modern/non-religious/non-Jewish people I know aren't necessarily accepting of EVERYONE, but they're definitely more open minded.

But the thing I have a problem with is that my parents (and subsequently me and my siblings) were never accepted by the people in my neighborhood who are all FFBs. When my parents first got married, they were ultra frum - no TV, no radio, no secular books, nothing - and the community still didn't accept them. They tried to make connections with neighbors, and yet no one was willing to accept them into their circle. They were sort of outcasts, and for no reason! As we got older, we would play out in the yard and some of our frum neighbors would literally sit at the fence and stare at us like we were aliens or something. Openly staring and their parents wouldn't tell them it was inappropriate or to be kind and ask us to play or whatever. If they had, I think my life would have turned out a lot different.

There's supposed to be some sense of a klal, even when we're in galus, but I feel like the "frummer" someone is, the haughtier they are, which is just wrong. It's that mentality that leads to the bleachings and stonings that happen in the charedi communities in Israel. SO alst Torah.

~You make a LIVING by what you GET,
You make a LIFE by what you GIVE~

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

8/27/13 12:03 PM

Edited: 8/28/13 at 11:49 AM by MoMo

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.