Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: I Can't Believe This
Created On 4/11/13 7:42 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

emunahdoj
Senior Supporter

4/11/13 7:42 PM

I have been crying for the past 2 hours since I left my "therapist" Like I said before, I am in a special BPD program, I have been with my therapist in this program for 6 years. This program really focuses on bulding attachment between the therapist and the client and building trust because that's something a lot of people with BPD have trouble with.

I went to my therapist today and at the end of the session he said "So, we need to talk about us meting." I said "what do you mean?" He said "we can't meet forever.... We need to taper it down then evenually I can recommend you to someone else..." This is totally NOT something you wanna say to someone who is afraid of abandonment/rejection. I could not contain myself. I stared crying hyserically, then I got up and walked out.

I feel SO alone. This is the worst possible thing he can do. I feel like the past 6 years he was a total fake and now I am really alone. What do I do?? I am never talking or seeng him again. So now I have no therapist and I don't know how I will go on

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

4/11/13 8:01 PM

So sorry to hear!! Must be terribly painful!!

Edited: 4/11/13 at 8:05 PM by MoMo

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

4/11/13 8:33 PM

thats insane, especially because you trusted him so much.
almost the exact thing happened to me today, but i dont want to take away from your pain.
i cant imagine how painful that is for you to feel so alone.
and so rejected when thats your biggest fear. i can totally relate.

im here for you. i know thats not much, but i just want to let you know i care and empathize with your pain.

-------------------------
there is light at the end of the tunnel

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

4/11/13 8:33 PM

Wow! That is really hard!

I can somewhat relate. I had something similar, but very different because the mentor I was getting attached to is not a therapist and neither of us realized what was happening. It was very painful.

I wish I could help more, but I don't know enough about BPD and how your therapy program works. What was the goal? What was supposed to happen at the end? Did it have a defined end?

(((Hugs)))

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

4/12/13 12:35 PM

How are you doing, emunadoj?

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

4/12/13 2:00 PM

i was alos wondering, emuna, how you are. i would love to hear from you, only if youre up to it.

Bottom

emunahdoj
Senior Supporter

4/12/13 6:55 PM

MoMO-Thanks for validating

Star and Hopefulmommy-Thank you for understanding and being there for me....and for asking again how I am doing. Feeling kinda depressed and alone

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

4/13/13 9:57 PM

I hear you. Are you gonna look for a new t? Or its probably really hard to get over the last one...

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

4/14/13 1:53 PM

It takes time. And lots of grieving. But you'll feel better, IY"H. And meanwhile, you have us.

Bottom

TBear
Senior Supporter

4/15/13 7:37 AM

It is horribly painful.... there are no words - but that is exactly what you need to try and give it....

I know this is probably not what you want to hear - but he did say he wanted to taper off and transfer - please allow yourself the gift of tapering off with him and voicing/ processing the pain. Let him find another therapist and transfer you as gently as it is possible to do. I was dropped after extensive therapy for 4 years with only one session and have wanted to process it ever since. As painful as it is to process, it needs to be done - in a step by step manner. Please don't cut yourself off from that - you will need to mourn... to voice the pain, it will get better

Keep writing it out.... daven..... Tell your Father in heaven about the pain.....

So sorry that you are having this tough time.

Bottom

emunahdoj
Senior Supporter

6/7/13 1:25 AM

Update- back with meeting with my therapist

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

6/7/13 9:38 AM

How is therapy going?

Bottom

emunahdoj
Senior Supporter

6/7/13 2:41 PM

Great-I need it. Stopped for only a month or so and could tell I was starting to not do well

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

6/13/13 5:37 PM
User is offline View users profile

Did you talk about it?

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.