Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Feeling so lonely
Created On 4/14/13 8:03 AM
Topic View:

Pages: [ << 1 2 Previous ]
View thread in raw text format

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

5/6/13 12:03 PM

Children are very resilient. B"h, my children turned out well despite my issues. I think that Hashem knows we are trying so hard to stay well, and He gives our children a special berachah to bloom despite it all.
Also, theyhad to become responsible at a young age because I needed help. Seriously.
How old are your kinderlach?

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

5/6/13 12:04 PM

Bottom

Lasthope
Senior Supporter

5/6/13 12:34 PM

Yes ive told them before but prob not enough. I told them today i just wasnt feeling well thats why mommys crying. My oldest 8 asked me "but mommy you had the baby already. Why are you still not feeling good?"

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

5/8/13 3:01 PM

I'm feeling lonely. I texted 3 people but no one wants to hang out now. I'm sitting in starbucks myself, wishing I had someone who actually wants to spend time with me!

-------------------------
there is light at the end of the tunnel

Bottom

Lasthope
Senior Supporter

5/9/13 3:03 PM

well you are not alone here...

Bottom

Lasthope
Senior Supporter

5/9/13 3:07 PM

keep climbing: my children are: 8 (boy), 5 (boy), 3 (girl), 5 months (boy)
i daven so hard that they won't be hurt by my pain...i hope to see that Hashem will listen just like He did with yours. How old are yours?
Im nervous really about my oldest because he is a sensitive kid and very very aware of my pain and things around him. He's a "softie", a sweetheart, and I hope that will not cause him pain, B"H he has a good self esteem at this point in his life and I hope it always stays that way.
My 5 year old is the total opposite - extremely masculine, athletic, has no worries about what the world thinks of him. it's crazy to see how brothers can be such opposites in SO many ways!

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

5/9/13 5:16 PM

Lasthope, I'm totally not feeling well today so I'm not up to answerimg your questions.
I will when it gets better.
I'm going crazy with these ups aand downs. Everything triggers me, and I slip into a black hole so quickly.(well, not everything, but certain things that I cannot avoid.)
Please pray for me, because I'm just without the strength to keep going thru this.

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

5/9/13 5:47 PM

Lasthope, you sound like a caring and attuned mother. Your kids will be fine, IY"H! (Mine are several years older than yours, and B"H are doing well overall.)

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

5/9/13 5:48 PM

Keepclimbing, hope you feel better soon! It's really hard. (((Hugs))) we're here for you.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

7/15/13 1:25 AM

Last hope,
How are things lately?
Is the grief counseling still helpful?

Bottom

Lasthope
Senior Supporter

7/15/13 4:43 AM

Hi,
I have been doing alright B"H. Since I went to the grief counselor I see things very differently. I see how much I really am impacted by my surroundings. So I've been trying to work with that. But it's still so hard. I go to Cranial Sacral Therapy once a week in addition to my regular therapist, where the cs therapist works on releasing emotions that are held up in the body. She believes I have trauma trapped in my body. I can't say I feel amazing, but I don't feel like I'm in that hole I was a few months ago. It's really a slow process of healing. I've also started attending a shiur by an amazing Rebetzin who has given me some advice about healing - I told her a bit about my background and she is just so loving and supportive. She reminds us all the time that we can't heal without Hashem's help. We have to just call out to Him. So that's what I do. I ask Him to help me get over all my pain. It's a tremendous amount of pain, and by myself there is no way I could just get through it. But with His help, I really hope to get somewhere.
I am trying to get through the summer sane which is also quite a difficult task being that the kids are home and there is no structure. My baby is getting bigger so it makes things a bit easier. He will be going to a babysitter this coming year, which will give me some time to do things want to do.
I have high hopes and dreams for myself and right now I feel so far away from achieving them, but I do feel that I am on the right path.
Also, I'm on the lowest dose of meds right now, which is pretty unusual for me, since the past 15 years I've been on lots of meds, and usually on pretty high doses. I am so glad that there is a bit of hope that I won't need a lot of medication to help me feel good. The side effects are just unbearable sometimes.
I've also been doing some research on the internet about how to express anger in a healthy way. I believe my depression was a creation of years of pent up anger. I became so good at stuffing the anger deep down, but it had to come out somehow and therefore turned into that numb depressed feeling of despair and sadness. Feelings are real, people! We can't ignore them! So... lately when I've become angry, I have been letting it out. It has been kind of scary, but feels good. Now, I don't want to hurt the people around me so I am learning healthy ways to let it out. Mostly its from learning good communication skills.
My self esteem is basically in shambles - I am trying to build myself up every day by reminding myself all the good things about me. But it's not so simple or easy or quick. That's where I remember to turn to Hashem. Only He can help me build something out of nothing.

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

7/15/13 5:19 AM

Wow, it sounds like you're on the right track, Lasthope. Hashem should help you (and us all) with a refuah shelaima.
Just curious--what are your plans for the hours your baby will be away?

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

7/15/13 7:15 AM

As an outsider I find your current report of things as modest but significant progress.
When you joined a few months ago you sounded totally hopeless! Now it sounds like there are options... there is a sliver of hope...
Yup any changes worth anything take time...

Oy I feel your pain!

Bottom

Lasthope
Senior Supporter

7/15/13 8:56 AM

Thanks! I wish u didnt have to feel my pain! But im glad im not alone
Keep climbing, im going to be tutoring in a seminary twice a week and still looking for some more tutoring or teaching jobs to fill up my week. I also plan on exercising more and trying to get some art done. (This is in addition to running a home which is a full time job!!)

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

7/15/13 11:10 AM

Wow, you are sooo ambitious!!
Good Luck on all your projects!

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

7/15/13 1:11 PM

Lasthope, you sound so much better, B"H!! Hatzlacha with everything you're doing!

And I still would love to get your story in the book...

Bottom

Pages: [ << 1 2 Previous ]
View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.