Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: stigma!!!
Created On 5/27/13 4:47 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

star
Senior Supporter

5/27/13 4:47 PM

people are so mean!
someone just posted an article on facebook how people feed their mental illnesses
like his mom worked in a hospital and the patients said they couldnt do their chores.
i blocked this person on facebook but i cant block these words from my mind!
now theres gonna be a doubt in the back of my head that hes right....maybe im making it up, or maybe im lazy or feeding
my depression by saying i cant work etc.....ouch!
please help me push this doubt away.....

-------------------------
there is light at the end of the tunnel

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

5/27/13 11:54 PM

noone else found this triggering?

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

5/28/13 12:01 AM

Sorry, I got confused by your first post.

I just had an interesting experience. I had a bad cold, and all I wanted was to stay in bed and sleep. I had no energy whatsoever. I could have told myself that I was lazy. But now that B"H I'm feeling better and have much more energy I don't find it so hard to, say, throw in a load of laundry. But nothing else changed. So I'm not lazy. I was just sick.

Same with depression. Once you're feeling better, IY"H, you'll discover that everything becomes much easier and you're not lazy at all. But you can't see it now. You'll only see it after the fact.

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

5/28/13 12:50 PM

i agree. Im always invalidating myself, that im really just lazy etc, but then when i feel better, i realize it really was a symptom of depression and beyond my control. But while im in it, i blame myself.

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

5/28/13 1:41 PM

So remind yourself of that. Or read this thread .

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

5/28/13 3:03 PM

yeah somehow it doesnt penetrate.

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

5/29/13 1:17 AM

Ask yourself why. Sometimes, as paradoxical as it sounds, we might prefer to stick to our old notion of self, including name calling, because change is scary. Even change for the better. So it could be that you're subconsciously resisting this new way of looking at things, simply because it's new and unfamiliar.

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

5/30/13 2:04 AM

guess what-reducing stigma- i opened up to a casual friend about anxiety and she was really nice about it. but i think shes the exception . one "friend" i told told me she doesnt want to talk about it! so now i dont talk to her at all.

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

5/31/13 12:37 AM

That's great that you found someone to talk to! There are people out there who try to understand and empathize, even if they haven't experienced anxiety.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.