Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Getting Depressed
Created On 7/7/13 6:15 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/7/13 6:15 PM
User is offline View users profile

I'm getting really depressed for no reason. I really see no reason why....I can't figure it out. I just want to die. All I see is darkness. To make things worse, I'm forgetting things....big things....like shopping for something or being online. Has this ever happened to anyone??? Has anyone gone shopping online or in person and forgotten it?????? I'm freaking out at the possiblity I'm losing my mind.

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

7/7/13 8:22 PM

Could your meds be triggering this?

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

7/7/13 8:50 PM

It's really scary to find yourself falling into the deep, dark depression cave.
I find I forget things much more when I feel depressed.
But if I freak out about the possibility of getting even more depressed, it makes me feel even owrse.
Hang in there! And if you can,accept where you are right now. You'll make it through.

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

7/7/13 9:42 PM

I agree with wish. well said. remember you'll get to the other side munkster. you always do.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/7/13 9:50 PM

It must be scary to not even be able to trust your own mind. I find when Im depressed I have that also, in a little bit of a different format where I cant remember what was real and what was in a book or in a dream. It can be very scarry. But it is just a symptom of the meds or of the depression and ass soon as your meds are fixed or your depression lifts it WILL go away. this is common!! Some people even halucinate from their depression but that dosent mean their schizo.. Depression can mimick the sympoms of pretty much any disease or illness or ailment out there...
So I guess that leaves you with dealing with your depression... not an easy task!
do you have any idea if anything triggered it or if something is going on or your not doing something u usualy do?
(((((((HUS))))))

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

7/7/13 11:38 PM

I also have these really vivid dreams, and sometimes when I wake up I'm confused and not sure if they really happened. And I forget things too.

Feel better, munkster!

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

7/8/13 2:04 AM

I have a horrible memory due to anxiety/depression...
It comes with the territory...

Munkster we are all rooting for you!!!
Keep us updated

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/8/13 2:55 AM

I feel much better now....tho it's also 3 am....i ALWAYS feel better then....I'm the morning person here.
Still havign problem with reality vs dream vs plain old did or didn't happen. I guess I'll ride the wave.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

7/8/13 10:28 AM

Glad you're feeling better, and hope it continues even past 3 a.m.!

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

7/8/13 12:54 PM

I like that line about riding the wave -I want to adapt that attitude towards my problems. I felt edgy and anxious this morning at college. Then I started worrying about how I'll ever succeed in life if I always get anxious....

So now I have 2 problems: the anxiety and the worry about it...

Grhhhhhh

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/8/13 5:48 PM

LOL, I don't remmeber that post I did this morning... Had an awesome day though with my kids. Much better, I don't think I could do...even my kids agree. It was almost (except for the glassblowing) all spontaneous and on a whim. I'm aching (from exercise), floating (from fun), and sad it is over.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/8/13 5:56 PM

To sum up....so achy, so tired, so sore, but happy.

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

7/8/13 6:09 PM

Great to hear!!!

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/8/13 6:49 PM

YAY!!!!! Im so happy for you!!!

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

7/8/13 7:25 PM

great to hear you sounding so good, Munkster!

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/9/13 3:59 AM

As Elvis used to say....thank you, thank you, thank you very much.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

7/9/13 8:48 AM

The thought I have is that maybe try to remember for next time that it's possible for you to feel total darkness and then the next day can be awesome!!

You sound like such a fun mother!!!

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/9/13 4:53 PM

Thank you, Momo for your compliment. I really appreciate it. Today was really bad...but I remember that yesterday was soooo good so I know it may be tomorrow good....it better be ssince I'm right now counting on it .

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/10/13 12:14 PM

hows today going Munkster?

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/12/13 4:16 PM

Ok....Wednesday and Thursday were pretty good, but today was a doozy prepping for Shabbos. I'm so tired from this week and barely got any cooking done. No desssert this Shabbos and missing a few side dishes. We're gonna be hungry hippos this Shabbos. .

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

7/12/13 4:44 PM

Can hungry hippos eat each other? That would provide interesting entertainment....

Seriously, no takeout in your area?

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/15/13 1:10 PM

There is takeout in our area but it's kinda pricey and tastes only so-so. Basiccally,, you'd have to pay me to eat most of it. My hubby is also rather frugal and doesn't want to spend the money on takeout that is only so-so (understandably.)

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/15/13 2:04 PM

But it looks like you survived anyway.... Goes to show that no one will die of starvation without dessert and some sides....

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

7/15/13 7:52 PM

I get you, munkster. I feel the same way about takeout.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/17/13 7:33 PM

Who said we didn't die of starvation??? ....we just looked at each other in a longing way the way you'd look at a cow about to become a burger . Seriously, we survived and with healthier foods. We had stuff like fruit for dessert (watermelon) and for sides steamed veggies.

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

7/17/13 10:46 PM

glad you didn't turn into a bunch of cannibals and even gladder you survived to tell the tale

The steamed veggies really resonate with me. I'm on some new diet to help balance mood swings and at this point I'm almost on the verge of sprouting

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/18/13 6:10 AM

LOL....diets stink....food shortages stink (at least when the prob is that it isn't cooked)....gluck with the moodswing diet. Just a thought, if you are hypoglycemic and that is the kind of diet you're on -- it works!!!!! When I don't eat often enough I become rather nasty, thus I always try to carry a non-sugary something or another to keep me from killing my kids and all the cars on the road.

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

7/18/13 10:00 AM

Wow. I knew veggies were healthy, but didn't know they had that kind of power. Now I literally owe my life to your baby carrots

Seriously, I'm following a macrobiotic diet. Not necessarily for hypoglycemia but I suppose it helps for that as well. I'm bipolar, fed up with meds and side effects, and trying to do it naturally. Was told by some naturopath that it's supposed to help and I'm giving it a fair trial. The only problem is that I'm afraid I'm beginning to get a little green from all scrumptious grains, beans, and seaweed. Oh well, Madonna is also on this diet so at least now there's the potential that I'll become famous one day which will make it all worth it

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

7/18/13 1:04 PM

LOL!

I'm on the hypoglycemic diet, and I find that it helps with mood swings. Fortunately, it doesn't involve much seaweed .

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

7/18/13 1:42 PM

oooh, you're really missing out on mouthwatering, fishy vegetation then

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/19/13 7:30 AM

lol....i'll eat my goldfish and betta for fishy vegetation ..

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

7/19/13 10:54 AM

nah... not good enough for my diet. too much animal protein... besides, unlike the delicious kombu, arame, and hijiki I am feasting on, goldfish and betta don't come in such lovely shades of green... okay, I need to stop right here if I want to keep my breakfast down...

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.