Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Accepting but not Succumbing
Created On 7/8/13 1:25 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

MoMo
Senior Supporter

7/8/13 1:25 PM

So I feel down, sad, alone, hopeless etc.
A part of me wants to wrap myself up in bed and sleep the pain away...

But another part of me is sick of being dysfunctional. I want to live life!!

How do I accept the bad feeling but still live life and be productive?

Is there an attitude that helps you keep on moving?
Do you recommend overcoming the hard feelings or maybe I need to take it easy if I'm feeling down?

Any and all thoughts and/or feedback welcome...

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/8/13 1:40 PM
User is offline View users profile

Good for you for getting to this point!!!
I have no answer for the first two questions but I can say that I DEFINATLEY RECOMNED you overcome your hard feelings, and NOT TAKE IT EASY if your feeling down. That is just giving in to your depression to sleep the pain away. Its what your depresion wants you to feel. Yuo need to fight it and acomplish so that you see that you really can acheive. you ARE capeable.
Maybe have a notebook of all the acheivments you have during a day to see how you really are acheving, and that will give you the confidence to try new things and do what you really can do? You can write anything from the fact that you got out of bed, ate breakfast, davened, socialized etc.. and then youll start feeling like you can acomplish and do things.... just a thought....

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

7/8/13 2:15 PM

I actually do have a notebook to write my accomplishments but lately I haven't been writing as much but I will start again
Thank you so much Chana!!

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/8/13 2:30 PM

great!! get that pencil going!

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

7/8/13 3:18 PM

I think you need a balance. On the one hand, push yourself. You'll feel good about that. On the other hand, take time to relax and unwind and just be, rather than do.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/8/13 5:43 PM

I think it's time to sstart an "accomplishments" thread....we had one going for a while I think titled something else...senility getting to me though and I can't recall.

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/8/13 6:48 PM

small victories!!!!!!!!!! shtarkbucher =)

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/9/13 4:54 PM

Thank you, channa....I felt so senile...glad you reminded me which it was...looking for it would have driven me more crazy .

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

TBear
Senior Supporter

7/9/13 9:33 PM

No only accomplishments - but what I am thankful for.... I kept a notebook for several months until it became second nature to think of what I have to be thankful for - even in the midst of the sadness.....

Also, I found the following from Dr. Dan Seigel to be helpful in pulling me out of the darkness and into functioning.... I try to incorporate some of each of the following into my life every day (not always successful)

Seven - or possibly eight - aspects of our life support neuroplasticity. These include the following:
1. Aerobic exercise
2. Good sleep
3. Good nutrition
4. Relationships
5. Novelty
6. The close paying of attention
7. Time-in
8. Humor

For me - creativity is part of the novelty, close paying of attention and Time-in.... things like drawing - any kind of art - pottery - music - even cooking
When we create we emulate our Creator - in His image.....

Also helps to learn something new....

All of it really is important - even though some things aren't in our control - the first three on the list definitely are - they can be scheduled and then it becomes part of the accomplishments.....

Relationships and humor are the hardest for me to incorporate....

Don't know if this helps anyone else - hope so....

Take care ~

Edited: 7/9/13 at 9:43 PM by TBear

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/10/13 12:13 PM

Wow! Thats automaticly 3 "small victories". rly good points!

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.